The larger of Apple's MacBook Air laptops featuring dual microphones and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity.

Upgrade MacBook Air A1466 i5 2013 logic board with a newer one 2015

Hello there I need some help please.

I have a MacBook Air 13'' i5 2013 (A1466) with 4 GB (820-3437-B logic bd) and is non functional from water damage.

I bought a used logic board 820-00165-A i5 4 GB in perfect shape here in Germany and the shop that sold it in the listing said it fits 2013-2014 13'' MacBook Airs and I googled about the board and found out its a 2015 model.

So I put the new logic board in as well as a new DC-in board and for the first time I saw the fan spinning and the screen working but with a low battery logo.

The MagSafe is plugged without a green light, when I try to power on the fan spins and the screen shows an empty battery with a thunderbolt symbol and then the screen goes off!

My questions are:

• Is this board compatible with my machine?
  • Is my battery dead because it was sitting for maybe a year or two and that whats causing the problem?
  • Why no green light?

Also the battery was empty so a power boost it so I got around 7.13 volts.

Any help would be great. Thank you

Best bet is to go to powerBook Medic, click on the board you got and check its compatibility here:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-Ai...

I really doubt that it's going to work. But give it some time to fully charge up.

Thank you for your reply. Does it charge though?No green light in the mag

gsafe!

Solved!Totally compatible! The main problem was that the I/o flex cable was coroded in one of the pins due to water spill so that caused no green light/no light at all and even though it worked and i tried a online restore when the mba restarted for os instalation it showed empty battery.I did power up with battery disconnected but to complete recovery a working battery (not dead like mine) is needed.Replaced the battery and I/o flex cable and success! Thank you for trying to help.

Hi, i'm not sure but it might be that the battery is not compatible even though the connectors fit. and MBA's do not work well without a battery.

sdabouras will be eternally grateful.