Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Cracked home button repair

My home button on my iPhone 7 plus is cracked and I can no longer use it! How can I get this repaired?

I am using the accessibility home screen button but would like to get the button fixed

TouchID will only work with the original home button. A replacement home button for the 4.7" iPhone 7 is already available on iFixit iPhone 7/7 Plus Home Touch Sensor Assembly

Follow these instructions for replacement:

iPhone 7 Plus Home/Touch ID Sensor Replacement

However, as the phone is almost brand new I would ask Apple how much they quote for a replacement.

Cheers

It doesn't register when you press the button, so why bother even replacing it?

It's still in the first year. They might do something to help you

i also have this problem my iphone 7 plus was broken home button so how can i fix it in Cambodia

if i want to buy new home button so it work or not with my iphone 7 plus that broken home button

Get it to Apple, there is nothing you can do.

Most Helpful Answer

Do not replace the home button. The new button is ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

Go to Apple for repair.

Thanks. I will be taking to apple

However what do you in the case that the original home button is broken. I installed an aftermarket home button (and am aware there's no touch ID function) but I don't even get regular button function after replacing it. Any suggestions? Does it seem like a defective button?

Just read the answer.

I just had the exact same issue with a phone that was less than 30 days old. The phone was never dropped or damaged and had no issue besides the cracked home button. The first sign was that the touch id was not available and when I tried to push the home button to load to the home screen, the button literally cracked. I sent it to Apple only to be told that it was damage/misuse and not covered under warranty and would cost me approximately $319 (the out-of-warranty) fee for a repair!! Never buying an Iphone again...I'll stick with Samsung!

And they replaced it for you? Would be good to know the Apple prices :) Especially since they have dropped their repair prices now the parts are cheaper on the market:

If your iPhone has additional damage that's not limited to the screen, see the "Other damage" fees.

iPhone model Screen repair only Other damage

iPhone 7 Plus A$ 228.95 A$ 518.95

iPhone 7 A$ 208.95 A$ 478.95

iPhone 6s Plus,

iPhone 6Plus A$ 228.95 A$ 488.95

iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 A$ 208.95 A$ 448.95

iPhone SE A$ 208.95 A$ 408.95

iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c,

iPhone 5 A$ 208.95 A$ 408.95

iPhone 4s See "other damage" fee A$ 308.95

All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST. We'll add a $A 19.95 shipping fee if we need to ship your iPhone. If we need to replace your iPhone, the replacement will be new or equivalent to new. If the issue with your iPhone was caused by severe damage from an accident or from abuse, service might not be available.

Identify your iPhone model

See iPhone service pricing in another country

Screen repair and accidental damage fees with AppleCare+

AppleCare+ includes two incidents of accidental damage coverage. You can use an incident for screen repair. Each incident has a service fee, as shown. The following prices are for Apple screen repairs with AppleCare+ accidental damage coverage.

iPhone model Screen repair only (AppleCare+) Other damage (AppleCare+)

All iPhones with AppleCare+ A$ 45 A$ 149

All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST. We'll add a A$ 19.95 shipping fee if we need to ship your iPhone.

If you don’t have AppleCare+, see our "iPhone screen repair pricing" fees.

Learn more about AppleCare+

Battery service

Your iPhone battery service might be covered by your warranty, an AppleCare plan, or consumer law. Otherwise, you’ll pay an out-of-warranty fee for battery service, as shown below.

Battery service In-warranty or with AppleCare Out of warranty

For all iPhone models A$ 0 A$ 119

How much would apple charde for the repair?

$129+tax in USA

Correction, 149 for plus model. 129 for regular

Has anyone checked the Apple Store price for the Home button replacement in Australia?

Just happened to me too!! Crap

I care service center says need to replace touch screen with home button and it will cost 20.000 rupees

But I don't trust the way staff ask the question

Same as Samiam. NEVER another iPhone. Overrated crap. Back to Samsung for me.

Will the home button work if you put the original ic on the flex cable, to a new button?

can the home button work if you replace the ic of the original flex, to the new button?

krystalrose1021 will be eternally grateful.