Released September 16, 2016. Model 1778,1784 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Cracked home button repair

My home button on my iPhone 7 plus is cracked and I can no longer use it! How can I get this repaired?

I am using the accessibility home screen button but would like to get the button fixed

TouchID will only work with the original home button. A replacement home button for the 4.7" iPhone 7 is already available on iFixit iPhone 7/7 Plus Home Touch Sensor Assembly

Follow these instructions for replacement:

iPhone 7 Plus Home/Touch ID Sensor Replacement

However, as the phone is almost brand new I would ask Apple how much they quote for a replacement.

Cheers

It doesn't register when you press the button, so why bother even replacing it?

It's still in the first year. They might do something to help you

i also have this problem my iphone 7 plus was broken home button so how can i fix it in Cambodia

if i want to buy new home button so it work or not with my iphone 7 plus that broken home button

Get it to Apple, there is nothing you can do.

Most Helpful Answer

Do not replace the home button. The new button is ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

Go to Apple for repair.

Thanks. I will be taking to apple

However what do you in the case that the original home button is broken. I installed an aftermarket home button (and am aware there's no touch ID function) but I don't even get regular button function after replacing it. Any suggestions? Does it seem like a defective button?

Just read the answer.

I just had the exact same issue with a phone that was less than 30 days old. The phone was never dropped or damaged and had no issue besides the cracked home button. The first sign was that the touch id was not available and when I tried to push the home button to load to the home screen, the button literally cracked. I sent it to Apple only to be told that it was damage/misuse and not covered under warranty and would cost me approximately $319 (the out-of-warranty) fee for a repair!! Never buying an Iphone again...I'll stick with Samsung!

How much would apple charde for the repair?

$129+tax in USA

Correction, 149 for plus model. 129 for regular

Just happened to me too!! Crap

I care service center says need to replace touch screen with home button and it will cost 20.000 rupees

But I don't trust the way staff ask the question

krystalrose1021 will be eternally grateful.