Home button vs broken flex cable vs touch sensor

Hello. :)

I accidentally broke the ribbon (flex cable) of my iphone 5s home button (yes yes, too bad!). So I need to replace it, but I like to have the touch sensor back too. I see in this forum that if I replace the whole button + ribbon, the touch sensor will be dead forever. Anybody knows, If I desolder the button and sold it again in another ribbon, will works? Which means, what part of button kit (button + ribbon) is the pair of touch sensor and motherboard?

Thanks a lot!

Most Helpful Answer

The chip on the cable and the sensor chip in the button is required.

It is possible to repair the cable, however you probably have to hire a neurosurgeon or people with similar skills to connect the cable.

The picture proves it can be done though.

Tatiane Fernandes will be eternally grateful.