Model A1138 / 1440x960 screen resolution

Works fine until a battery is connected, then shuts off

Hi All! I've got an A1138 PowerBook that works fine on AC power with no battery attached, but when I connect a known-good battery (I've tried several known-good batteries), the machine immediately shuts off. The AC adapter light, which glows bright green without the battery in, goes out completely and erratically flickers amber when you connect a battery. The machine won't power on with a battery in except occasionally, and quickly goes off again. Again, this all happens when a battery is connected, and without a battery, everything's fine. My first guess was the battery connector, but I replaced that with no change. Next up was the DC-in, and I tried 3 I had sitting around, although I think they all may be flaky to some degree, so I'm not confident I've properly ruled out the DC-in. I've got a good DC-in on the way, but I'm not sure that's the problem...this seems more like a short, or an electrical issue. Any ideas? I know it's not the RAM, AC adapter, resets, etc. Thanks!

Got the replacement DC-in, and no luck. It behaves exactly like the other, which is perfectly, until you add a battery, and then the machine shuts off, and the AC light glows off and on amber.

PC Laptop Batteries

Batteries for all the top PC brands, backed by our Quality Guarantee.

PC Laptop Batteries

OK, this is a shot in the dark. Disconnect the battery connector cable from the logic board and insert a battery to see if it's physical.

Without the battery connector nothing happened. Good idea though!

Sounds like a logic board to me. You guys have such interesting problems. + to both.

rdklinc will be eternally grateful.