The Keystone KSTAD70A 70-pint Dehumidifier removes up to 70 pints of humidity from the air per day.

Water collecting in bucket instead of draining through the hose.

How do we get the water to drain through the hose like it used to instead of collecting in the bucket?

New TLC DEA 50E with pump. Tube etc. all installed properly. The drain tube is positioned level with the water bucket instead near the bottom. Pump only pulls from the surface and the bucket remains full. Is this a design issue???

drain tube level with the top of the water bucket

I had a similar issue that occurred suddenly. I cleared some green growth in the hose that apparently had been blocking the water from dripping down the tube . Try removing the tube from the back on the dehumidifier and cleaning it out.

I continued to have this problem even after clearing the hose and extender tube. It ended up being the actual drain hose connected to the unit. I bent a Q-tip and stuck it inside the drain hose and slime and backed up water came gushing out. Cleaned it well with several Q-tips and back it business.

This solution is what finally answered my problem. Use the qtip to clean out the l-shaped nozzle. Remove the water container and the nozzle is on the inside where the tube comes into the unit. Use the qtip to clean that nozzle and water should come rushing out.

I had the same problem with my KSTAD50B dehumidifier. What I can tell is that the ice builds up underneath the condensor coils and blocks the outlet. What I did was to drill a 1/2" hole in the front and two little holes for the ears on the hose adapter. Then I put silicon glue around the hose adapter and pushed it through the hole and the secured it in place with two #8 machine screws, lock washers, and nuts. Then I attached the hose to the front. This will mean that the water will fail into the bucket, but the bucket will empty, and I don't need to worry about the bypass anymore.

We could use an inventive guy like you around here ;-)

Maybe a great solution as long as the hose never gunks up thennit may be a bad solution.

The hose has to flow downward to the drain. My husband has it on a block about halfway to the drain to keep it up. It is lower there than at the humidifier and lower still at the drain.. seems to be working ok

The hose has to go down on normal dehumidifiers but some have pumps and can drain up. Any solution to this problem atm I am using peroxide to clean the system as this will break down any organic material.

My neighbor needs a 20 ft. hose to get from the dehumidifier to the floor drain. After working perfectly for 5 years, the dehumidifier started draining into the bucket, instead of the floor drain. The problem turned out to be a large growth of red algae inside the hose. I flushed the hose. Problem solved.

mschaple will be eternally grateful.