Original post by: Randy Strommen ,
I had the same problem with my KSTAD50B dehumidifier. What I can tell is that the ice builds up underneath the condensor coils and blocks the outlet. What I did was to drill a 1/2" hole in the front and two little holes for the ears on the hose adapter. Then I put silicon glue around the hose adapter and pushed it through the hole and the secured it in place with two #8 machine screws, lock washers, and nuts. Then I attached the hose to the front. This will mean that the water will fail into the bucket, but the bucket will empty, and I don't need to worry about the bypass anymore.