The Dell Inspiron 910 Laptop was released in 2008 as part of the Dell Mini Series of small, portable laptops.

How Can I Use My Computer Again?

This is the error message that I receive when I turn on my Dell Inspiron 910: A disk read error occurred, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart. When I follow those directions, I continue to get the same error message.

Boot to your system disk and select system repair. If this does not work you may need to format and reinstall your operating system. You should be able to boot to your system disk by tapping F12 after you turn on the computer until a screen shows up that allows you to select your optical drive as the boot device. Good luck

Mini 910 does not have an optical drive. One would have to download a windows iso file and install it on a bootable usb drive, then reinstall windows that way.

There are so many different methods for fixing this kind of issue.

The error message isn’t accurate enough for us to provide troubleshooting steps.

So, firstly you can run chkdsk in WinRE.

1. Press F8 while your computer is booting.

2. On the Advanced Boot Options menu, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter.

3. On the System Recovery Options menu, click command prompt to open.

4. Type "chkdsk /f" then enter.

5. Type "chkdsk /r" enter.

Regina will be eternally grateful.