The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Air features fifth generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, resulting in slightly increased performance and battery life.

sm0512f SSD compatibility in a MacBook Air 2015

Hi, I have MacBook Air (early 2015). I replaced it's SSD with a MacBook Air (2013) sm0512f SSD. Now I'm encountering some issues:

1. My devices goes into waiting state after I open the lid.
  2. My device goes into waiting state after I wake it up from sleep
  3. Sometimes it does just go into a hang while browsing my drives files

I literally have to restart my system 3 times.

Is this because of El Captan? Will changing my OS work?? Or because of sm05112f isn't compatible with macbook air2015?

Really appreciate your help! Regards

Sadly you can't use the older SSD in your system. The SSD's firmware on the older SSD is not compatible with your system. In addition you're limiting your systems performance. The newer SSD is a full PCIe implementation unlike your older SSD which is running in mSATA mode.

I would recommend you get the correct Apple SSD for your system or you could install this 3rd party SSD which just came out (Feb): OWC SSD upgrades for MacBook Air 11" & 13" Mid 2013, 2014, and 2015

Thank you :D

regards

Sarmad Nisar will be eternally grateful.