1

Jessi
35

Big red X and circle

So i've tried the slap on the table, carpet palm and chair.. nothing is working

also my ipod charges but my computer doesn't recognize it, i hear the clicking sound that everyone is talking about but thats about it..

whats wrong?? can i fix it?

Edited by: Chris Cline ( ) , Jessi ( )

okay well someone recomended that i let is die completely and then charge but now its stuck on the "charging please wait" screen' its been like this sense i went to bed last night

Jessi,

3

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Here's the solutions Apple recommends: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1463?viewl...

2

Crisb

if the solutions that mayer mentioned doesn´t help, its most likely that the hard drive is damaged. Go to the "repair" section to see how the hard drive is changed.

0

Jen
1

Holy!

I dropped my classic on the concrete yesterday and I thought it was fubard for life! It was making this sickening clicking noise and the red X of death refused to abate. Until i beat it up by whacking it against the floor and my hand etc.

It worked!

Thank You So Much!

Jen S.

0

king kanute
1

I had the red X and clicking, nothing worked , could not put it in disc mode, I slaped it agaist the palm of my hand and it worked!

0

James
1

I tried slapping against my hand and dropping it but, nothing seems to work...WTH ?!?!

When I click on Menu, the Apple appears....Then it says use ITunes to restore.

James,

"Slapping" it is only a temporary fix if the issue is related to a "stuck" hard drive. Ultimately it is not a fix. This is usually caused by a failed hard drive. what happens when you do try to restore it? What happens when you access your diagnostic menu? what does it tell you about your drive?