iPod Classic

Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

Big red X and circle

So i've tried the slap on the table, carpet palm and chair.. nothing is working

also my ipod charges but my computer doesn't recognize it, i hear the clicking sound that everyone is talking about but thats about it..

whats wrong?? can i fix it?

okay well someone recomended that i let is die completely and then charge but now its stuck on the "charging please wait" screen' its been like this sense i went to bed last night

by Jessi

Here's the solutions Apple recommends: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1463?viewl...

if the solutions that mayer mentioned doesn´t help, its most likely that the hard drive is damaged. Go to the "repair" section to see how the hard drive is changed.

Holy!

I dropped my classic on the concrete yesterday and I thought it was fubard for life! It was making this sickening clicking noise and the red X of death refused to abate. Until i beat it up by whacking it against the floor and my hand etc.

It worked!

Thank You So Much!

Jen S.

I had the red X and clicking, nothing worked , could not put it in disc mode, I slaped it agaist the palm of my hand and it worked!

I tried slapping against my hand and dropping it but, nothing seems to work...WTH ?!?!

When I click on Menu, the Apple appears....Then it says use ITunes to restore.

by James

"Slapping" it is only a temporary fix if the issue is related to a "stuck" hard drive. Ultimately it is not a fix. This is usually caused by a failed hard drive. what happens when you do try to restore it? What happens when you access your diagnostic menu? what does it tell you about your drive?

by oldturkey03

Jessi will be eternally grateful.