Rear camera not working after replacement

I replaced the rear camera in my iPhone 5s. Upon boot still no response from the camera. I opened the phone up again and reseeded everything. and still no response.

Should I try and get another replacement camera or is there another troubleshooting step?

This is going to sound stupid but it does happen , often new cameras are shipped with a protective cover on the lens . Did you happen to remove it when you installed it . Check the lens stranger things have happened. take it from someone who was baffled for a day by just that. Hope this helps

Epiphanies often make me feel stupid, but thank G-d we get them ;-)

I would unplug cam and re plug in perform a hard reset on phone and see if that works. Now if its opening to black check for a film that might be on the lens. I would flip back n forth between front a rear try a hard reset if any of this doesn't work , you might be right to get another replacement and send that one back as defective. With small parts I don't know how many times I have gotten defective ones, so could be very possible it's bad before it even was sent to you.

Matthew Manor will be eternally grateful.