A unibody aluminum generation of the Mac Mini identifiable by the model number A1347, spanning the Mid 2010 to the currently sold Late 2014 model.

Is it possible to adapt the wireless connector to expresscard?

About the Mac Mini Unibody A1347:

I think it would be very very very good if Apple added an Expresscard slot in the Mac Mini. Sadly, Apple didn't.

I was wondering if the connection of the wireless card is just a PCI-Express lane on a different connector cable. If it is, theoretically it would be possible to convert it into an ExpressCard slot right?

Of course, it would involve milling the aluminum enclosure and whatnot, but has any tinkerer looked into it to see if it is feasible?

well actually that connector 30 pin for the wifi card is a non standard implementation of the pci-e slot apple confirmed this however they will not releasee the pinout so you are sol in that department, unless someone figures out how to hack it

GL

My $.02

terramir

Look at the guides

for machines with Expresscard slots and you'll see that it is a separate buss. The Expresscard slot runs under the Airport card and busses into a separate lane.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

Good Luck,

N

Brazilian Joe will be eternally grateful.