Also known as EOS 600D and released in March 2011, this camera can be identified by its SKU (SKU:5169BO32). This camera is a Canon Digital SLR with 18 megapixels.

says no card in camera

I have tried newSD cards and the all work in thecomputer and another cannon but not in the T3i

What brand and size SD cards have you tried?

What is the exact error message you're getting?

What is the model of the other Canon camera that does work well with these cards?

Having this information available would go a long way towards solving your problem. My crystal ball isn't that reliable ;)

Hi Aj,

Have you formatted your SD card? SD cards need to be formatted before usage to ensure compatibility with the camera. Formatting will delete any content on the card, so make sure to transfer all of your content from your SD card to a computer.

With your SD card inserted in the camera, turn your camera on. Press the "Menu" button. Select the wrench icon and then "Format."

If this still doesn't solve the issue, take a look at the Canon Rebel T3i troubleshooting page.

Best of luck!

When I went to format my card it still said that there was no card in the camera. My card is unlocked and everything. Help!

Aj Wilson will be eternally grateful.