text message suggesting update

Text from 24719 saying update. It is safe and secure.

Is this a legit text from huawei or a hacker?

Are you using TracFone's website?

The best way to check if you phone needs an update is to check it for yourself if it needs one.

Here is a link that shows you how to do it.

http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/web/huawe...

There is also this link which may be of help.

https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Announ...

As a general rule it is best to ignore and delete texts from sources you do not know, especially if they have 'embedded' links in them which they suggest that you use. Do not be tempted to even see what happens if you follow their suggestions. Delete it!

As to your text I'm sure that Huawei would have their name in the text somewhere if it was from them. Also, unless you have turned it off most system updates are automatic so there isn't any need to be advised.

It is safe I believe. If you go to settings and go down to software update, it will update the software from there. The most likely cause of the notification is that you do not have enough room for the update to take place. Once you click the software update in the settings, it will help you clear your storage and then update. Nothing bad has happened yet

I would not touch the message. If you need to update your phone just do it trough your phone software updates.

Totally agree, if you don't know the source, delete it. Especially if it has an 'embedded' link in it.

Here is a link which shows how to test for yourself if your phone needs to be updated.

Here is a link which may also be of some help regarding updates.

I believe, as a general rule, that it is best to ignore and delete text messages, especially if the have 'embedded' links in them, from sources that you do not know. Do not even be tempted just delete it!

I did stupidly install it and realized shortly after I never should have. I haven't had problems with it yet but how do I remove it now what it installed?

I suspect your phone is now infected with a virus. I hope you don't do banking on your phone. You can also install Avast and see if it can remove it.

I've had a text from 24719 on my phone for weeks now and nothing makes it go away. It's always up by my notifications, and opens itself every time I turn the screen back on. I also think it has somehow been making my apps stall, freeze, and run slow. And that's all without even loading it.

My dad has a completely different phone and different carrier, yet I found out he had the same "update" required. He figures the only way to get it off the phone is a bfft u.. factory reset which looses all your info of course.... but I'm not so sure that would even work. Here's why....

Last night I broke my phones screen by mistake and had to buy a new one today. As soon as I had service it didn't even take 10 minutes and I got another text from my anonymous pal at 24719...

Somebody please tell me how to remove this notification from my phone!!

You shouldn't delete it. It is the June 1, 2017 Android security update. At least it is for Samsung phones. Go to Settings. Go to the last choice: Software update. Select Check for Update. It will then take 20 minutes for it all to update.

Tom johnson will be eternally grateful.