text message suggesting update

Text from 24719 saying update. It is safe and secure.

Is this a legit text from huawei or a hacker?

Are you using TracFone's website?

THIS IS NOT A TRACK PHONE, NOR CERTIAN BRAND OF PHONE ISSUE. THUS IS A HACKER OR SPYWARE. IVE PROVEN IT DEALING WITH THESE ISSUES FOR THE LAST YEAR. This has followed me through different numbers and different phones, it took a couple months after changing my number before I got the message on the exact same phone, where as, the previous times of purchasing a brand new exact same phone...it happened almost simultaneously. I changed my emails, my number, and even the name I set up my Google account with, and still...after a couple months received this text. Along with multiple issues with my phones. Pictures came up missing, passwords for emails changed, people could not hear me on the other end of the phone at times, Google speaker would come on by itself...too many issues to list.

It is NOT a hacker, it is a legitimate service update from Tracfone.

Angela;

I went to Totalwireless chat to check this out...which IS, fyi, T-Mobile, TracFone, and Totalwireless, all the same company... and it is quite stupid of them, but ligit. "Just a notification," quote. I reamed the poor lady there for it I was so angry. Hundreds of people are asking this same question, and rightly, because it Could be malware. Glad it's not, and I can now inform ppl of this...so just delete it.

And yes, as long as you're associated with these companies they will keep sending you this crap! Complain! Maybe enough of us together will change that.

BeOhBe

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

The best way to check if you phone needs an update is to check it for yourself if it needs one.

Here is a link that shows you how to do it.

http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/web/huawe...

There is also this link which may be of help.

https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Announ...

As a general rule it is best to ignore and delete texts from sources you do not know, especially if they have 'embedded' links in them which they suggest that you use. Do not be tempted to even see what happens if you follow their suggestions. Delete it!

As to your text I'm sure that Huawei would have their name in the text somewhere if it was from them. Also, unless you have turned it off most system updates are automatic so there isn't any need to be advised.

It is safe I believe. If you go to settings and go down to software update, it will update the software from there. The most likely cause of the notification is that you do not have enough room for the update to take place. Once you click the software update in the settings, it will help you clear your storage and then update. Nothing bad has happened yet

I would not touch the message. If you need to update your phone just do it trough your phone software updates.

Totally agree, if you don't know the source, delete it. Especially if it has an 'embedded' link in it.

Here is a link which shows how to test for yourself if your phone needs to be updated.

Here is a link which may also be of some help regarding updates.

I believe, as a general rule, that it is best to ignore and delete text messages, especially if the have 'embedded' links in them, from sources that you do not know. Do not even be tempted just delete it!

Your phone requires 1 or more software updates. When you receive a notification, please sign on to Wi-Fi and click "Install" to proceed with this secure update.

I love how one person on here swears it's a safe link like they've clicked it before, n others r swearing its not safe.. Soo clear..

I also downloaded the update a week later my phone was jacked up.i would get 75 to 100 spin the wheel,I couldn't even text.i couldn't get or move it so I dada to reboot.it ran my battery down so fast.i had to factory reset my phone to get rid of it. So if you need a update check your phone settings.and never ever have your apps and updates auto download.,you need to be in control of your phone.

It’s malware — a virus. 1) No software will give update notices through text messages. 2) It doesn’t say what needs to get updated (so you can’t check it or try to do it directly). 3) The last line, lol: “It is safe and secure.” (“Oh, OK!”) I'd bet that “Trust us.” was in the first draft of this message, but they realized that was pushing it too far.

DO NOT tap on this to install it. Block the number. Delete the messages.

I just received this text and when I went to Settings, Check for Updates - there were no updates according to my phone. This is not a legitimate text and I deleted it.

I did stupidly install it and realized shortly after I never should have. I haven't had problems with it yet but how do I remove it now what it installed?

I suspect your phone is now infected with a virus. I hope you don't do banking on your phone. You can also install Avast and see if it can remove it.

I've had a text from 24719 on my phone for weeks now and nothing makes it go away. It's always up by my notifications, and opens itself every time I turn the screen back on. I also think it has somehow been making my apps stall, freeze, and run slow. And that's all without even loading it.

My dad has a completely different phone and different carrier, yet I found out he had the same "update" required. He figures the only way to get it off the phone is a bfft u.. factory reset which looses all your info of course.... but I'm not so sure that would even work. Here's why....

Last night I broke my phones screen by mistake and had to buy a new one today. As soon as I had service it didn't even take 10 minutes and I got another text from my anonymous pal at 24719...

Somebody please tell me how to remove this notification from my phone!!

You shouldn't delete it. It is the June 1, 2017 Android security update. At least it is for Samsung phones. Go to Settings. Go to the last choice: Software update. Select Check for Update. It will then take 20 minutes for it all to update.

I just received a text from this number on my brand new LG phone. I turned off all the google crap and blocked all the bloatware as soon as my Total Wireless plan was installed. I am of the opinion that anything from Total Wireless will message you from 611611. I would delete it or call customer service right away and ask them. I deleted the message.

I have a Samsung G6 and have gotten a message similar to this, but it doesn't contain embedded links. (See the screenshot)

Notice the dates? I have checked a few times to see if the phone needs updating, but nothing. Someone said it was from Huwei, but my phone is Samsung, so maybe it's a general number that several different companies use? I don't know, but I never clicked to open the message as the preview popup showed all of it.

Tom johnson will be eternally grateful.