Why does my battery still to work

I recently purchased a new iPhone 5s battery and replaced it myself. Unfortunately, the battery is still not any better; I have to charge my phone about 4-5 times a day. I have done many repairs before, including a battery replacement, so I am starting to believe that the battery I received is defective.

If it helps, my home button or my volume buttons don't work either currently. I haven't replaced them because I haven't had the money to replace all these parts and have been using assistive touch while I deal with it.

Could easily be a defective battery. You should try and get it replaced, from wherever you bought it from. Just explain it never worked properly and you want to exchange it for a new one. The home button could be a couple things. Either the button flex connector, or the lightning dock. It could be either, especially after you've been repairing the phone, and those two prongs could've been damaged. Check those to see if if they've been bent or damaged. If moving them back, make sure to be careful. They're fragile and could break off

iPhone 5 Home Button Ribbon Cable Replacement

iPhone 5 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Replacement

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery

iPhone 5 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

iPhone 5 Home Button Ribbon Cable

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery Image
iPhone 5 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image
iPhone 5 Home Button Ribbon Cable Image
iPhone 5 Home Button Ribbon Cable Image

Guide

Difficulty: Moderate30 - 45 minutes

Frank64 will be eternally grateful.