2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz) or 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Swapping logic board in Retina MacBook Pro for an improved model?

I have a 2014 Retina MacBook Pro w/ 2.2GHz i7 and Integrated Graphics. I'm wondering if it's possible to swap my board with a board from the same generation computer, just with upgraded parts. I was eyeing the 2.8GHz board w/ DG. They are both 2014 models. Would there be any connection/power/compatibility issues?.

Additionally - If it is possible, does iFixit buy old parts? I wouldn't really know what to do with the old board..

What's the serial number of the macbook so can give you compatible board number.

Seldom is this kind of move economically feasible. Sell your machine and buy what you want.

Uhhh kinda....with the Retina you have people that want more ram or higher processor so with the proceeds from the old one, then the extra money is for the "I can't live without". Most of the time you have to pay extra for any upgrades.

Solurum Berb will be eternally grateful.