Repair guides for feature cell phones manufactured by LG. This category is for phones not using an Android or Windows operating system.

Cant swipe to answer incoming call

Incoming calls on my lg 3 phone are almost impossible to answer. The screen doesn't recognize the swiping motion and freezes up. I also have a red border around the outside edge of screen.

Thanks for the help. I thought the darn thing was broken. Much appreciated.

Hi malissa,

Check whether talk back feature turn on your phone

• In Settings > Accessibility, select Accessibility
  • Set the switch off

Red edge can be removed turn off the developer options

In Settings > developer options > "uncheck all"

"Set the switch off." What switch???? What to do here is not at all clear.

I agree with Ben Myers.

I have an LG Stylo 3 I have to swipe to answer and it's not recognizing my swipe. I'd much rather change it to another way of answering my calls. Is there a way of changing it?? Can someone PLEASE help me?? I'm missing so many calls...

Most Helpful Answer

I have an LG K7. Think it's the Android Lollipop 5.1 .Rarely it would answer, sometimes not. I tapped and swiped the icon repeatedly.

Never read the instructions. Turns out I have to place my finger on the ringing icon and keep my finger on the screen as I move the icon to the right, or probably anywhere on the screen. Just tried it four times, worked every time. So, unknowingly, sometimes I was doing that and sometimes not. That's why sometimes it would pick up and sometimes not.

Hope this helps.

Excellent - the "swipe" instruction on the screen is so misleading, but this post was so clear and correct. Thank you, thank you.

Pretty sad when you can't complete the most basic thing you want to do with a phone...answer it! Thanks for the very clear fix to an important problem.

Thank you so much! This solves a problem that was drivigng me (and those who called me on my mobile) nuts.

It's beyond belief that there are no instructions WITH THE PHONE when you first set it up on how to answer it. This is engineering arrogance to the max.

I agree it's extremely ridiculous that such a basic task was designed to be so difficult. I spent hours trying to find and configure a different Application for my elderly parents. We kept thinking the problem was that they are just two elderly to understand, but then I realized-this is just an idiotic design problem

Melissa will be eternally grateful.