volumin down on its own

the volumin keep going down to 0 on its own and when trying to volume up it will but then volume down again on its own on my samung dvd bluray player.

"Googling" your problem seems to indicate that it is a common occurrence with some Samsung players. Here is a link which describes the solution. Scroll down to the post by Tim L, (4th one down), expand his post by clicking on the "read more" link at the bottom of his post and you will get details on how to solve the problem. As you have not stated the model number of your player, hopefully yours is the same as the ones mentioned in the posts in the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_DTEPCP...

Note: pause the You Tube video playing in the link otherwise it will step on to the next video while you're reading the posts underneath the video and the page will step on as well.

This video no longer exists..?

Most Helpful Answer

To all those who have this problem and who will have this issue in the future, I finally now have the solution which can be done all by yourself. Firstly, two things tend to happen with some samsung dvd players and tvs. One, they either switch off all on their own, or two, the volume goes down to Volmin all on its own. To fix this, search no further! What you must do is open up the case of the dvd player by unscrewing the 6 screws at the back. Then lift off cover. Then with a small flathead screw driver flip off the front facia touch panel. You will see two small brown ribbons. You must detach them both by pulling them out of its tiny socket. One of them is a sensor for the On/Off switch. The other is a sensor for the volume up/down switch. Once you have taken those two ribbons off (at either end), put the front facia clippe back in place. Then put the top cover back on with the 6 screws. Thats it! All your sound problems solved.

Ive spent countless hours searching, many times dismantling the dvd player, and have FINALLY come to this solution. Believe me it works, anyone can do it. And it will save you lots of money by not sending it to a repairman. I hope this helps many people and saves them hours of frustration!!

If you remove the small ribbons, wouldn't that disabling the on/off and volume function?

This was the best instructions I have seen yet. I am not what you would call a technology guy, and I half expected this to destroy the blu-ray player. Once you take the top and front panel off, it is very clear to see which ribbon is being used for the manual volume control. I took a pair of needle nose, and gently took out the ribbon. It now works perfectly, and my wife is upset that we no longer need to purchase another $500 + surround sound system. Thank you very much.

I did this and it worked for a day but now is once again reducing the volume involuntarily. any more ideas? Tess

Thanks for the help it works cheers

It worked for me too. Much appreciated! Hopefully no more problems will appear in the future.

I have 7.1 CH Blu-ray Samsung Homes Entertainment System, it had the same problem of automatic Volmin. I followed the above instructions it worked, but I took off only one ribbon and it did not loose any functionality i .e even the touchy buttons are all working problem. I think this sensor has to do with dysfunctional Dynamic Range Control that enables one to listen at low volumes but still hear dialog clearly

I founded the real solution. The volume knob on the dvd player is the reason for the problem. Turn down the volume to 0 make sure to feel the clicks on the knob. When you have reached 0 stop. Turn your volume knob once untill you feel one click. The volume wont go up to 1. The reason for this is to have a dj effect. A better way to explain to you guys having this problem. Between volume 0 and 1 is 2 clicks. When it is exactly on volume 0 it is minus, one click up is normal and one more click is high. Which means when it is on minus it wil slowly go down. Normal will stay the same volume and high will slowly higher your volume. Make sure it is on normal. It is just an extra feature of dvd/ blu-ray players. Hope you guys find this useful.

Kyle, there is no volume knob on the version of sound system we started the threat posting about.

Lisa will be eternally grateful.