Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

Whirlpool Refrigerator Interior Lights Flickering

My Whirlpool WRS322FDAW01 is just over a year old and all of a sudden the interior lights on both the fridge side and the freezer side are strobing when the door is open. From what I've gathered the lights are LED and may have to be replaced in their entirety. Not sure. Please help!

Also, all of the lights on both sides of the fridge are in sync regarding the strobe effect. I'd even be ok with just shutting them off completely instead of the strobe. Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Same thing happening to my, Model # WRS322FNAM00, side-by-side Whirlpool Refrigerator.

2 LED lights on the Fridge Side, and 1 LED light on the freezer side.

At night I am blinded if I don't turn on the kitchen lights.

Any help out there for this?

We have had this same issue, we've changed out the module and the light switch and the lights are still blinking

Should we talk about a class action law suit?

I am having the same issue it stop after opening and closing the doors but after two days thesame issue. Since more than a week no change.

I am having the same issue. since all the modules act the same way I believe that it is an issue with the controller.

I think this will answer your question:

First see if it's covered under warranty, this is a factory defective part.

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/...

Here's the part: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlp...

If both LEDs are flashing do both modules need to be replaced? It would be odd that both failed at the same time. That is why I would think this is a common (to both lights) power supply issue.

If it is a factory defect, the part should gbe recalled and the company should repair it.

I agree I have the same problem, it should be recalled, this doesn't look good for whirlpool as a leader in appliance"

I pulled the power plug out and plugged it back in.....Problem Solved

Where is the module located? My lights started flickering right after the warranty period. Model WRS322FDAM00

Pulled light out and wiggled the wires on the back fixed the problem must have been a loose connection

thejasontdavis will be eternally grateful.