Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

Whirlpool Refrigerator Interior Lights Flickering

My Whirlpool WRS322FDAW01 is just over a year old and all of a sudden the interior lights on both the fridge side and the freezer side are strobing when the door is open. From what I've gathered the lights are LED and may have to be replaced in their entirety. Not sure. Please help!

Also, all of the lights on both sides of the fridge are in sync regarding the strobe effect. I'd even be ok with just shutting them off completely instead of the strobe. Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Same thing happening to my, Model # WRS322FNAM00, side-by-side Whirlpool Refrigerator.

2 LED lights on the Fridge Side, and 1 LED light on the freezer side.

At night I am blinded if I don't turn on the kitchen lights.

Any help out there for this?

We have had this same issue, we've changed out the module and the light switch and the lights are still blinking

Should we talk about a class action law suit?

I am having the same issue it stop after opening and closing the doors but after two days thesame issue. Since more than a week no change.

I am having the same issue. since all the modules act the same way I believe that it is an issue with the controller.

I think this will answer your question:

First see if it's covered under warranty, this is a factory defective part.

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/...

Here's the part: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlp...

If both LEDs are flashing do both modules need to be replaced? It would be odd that both failed at the same time. That is why I would think this is a common (to both lights) power supply issue.

If it is a factory defect, the part should gbe recalled and the company should repair it.

I agree I have the same problem, it should be recalled, this doesn't look good for whirlpool as a leader in appliance"

I pulled the power plug out and plugged it back in.....Problem Solved

Where is the module located? My lights started flickering right after the warranty period. Model WRS322FDAM00

Pulled light out and wiggled the wires on the back fixed the problem must have been a loose connection

I did this for a while until the part broke from being wiggled too many times. I even tried to solder it back together. Our frig was manufactured in 2014 and the part seems to have been made in 2010 ? Could that be right?

My husband is a paralyzed veteran, I try to fix as many things around the house as I can. It's frustrating when a part costs so much to replace when it was clearly defective in the first place. We put a lot of thought into purchasing this frig because it works well for someone in a wheelchair. (Not if you can't view the contents in the dark) Bummer. :-(

Owner's of similar model Maytag and Kenmore Refrigerators have reported the exact same issue!

There are 3x LED Lights or "Modules" located in these side-by-side style refrigerators

> 2 in the Fridge side and 1 in the Freezer

The problem (defective) LED light module is on the fridge side, located at the top. This LED module is designed with a built in dimmer! That single dimmer controls all 3 lights in your fridge. As the dimmer begins to fail, that causes the flashing, strobing, studio 54 in your kitchen effect.

Some owners have had "short-term" success by detaching the LED module, unplugging the 2 wires, and plugging it back in. This is a short-term solution, but worth the try first round!

Makes sure to order the latest model LED module if you replace it! Some sights are selling the original part for less...enjoy that headache in another 2 years, no thank you!

Crying shame they designed the original part w/ a dimmer, know it's an issue but don't own up to it w/ their customers, and then charge $188+ for replacement part (small strip of LED lights... w/ a dimmer)

See link in previous answer for the exact replacement LED module

So how do I get it out, and what is the replacement part #?

That's more than $200 for a light. Is there another source? That's crazy talk for an fing bulb

Replacement part # WPW10515058

Order online at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlp...

Agree, but this is the only solution at this time!

Some have just unplugged the light and have chosen to go without...

Removing the LED Module - it can be a little stubborn to remove! Use a flat head screwdriver to depress the 2x plastic tabs located a half an inch in from both side facing you. There are 2x additional plastic tabs on the backside about 1 inch in from both sides. Once you drop the front the back should follow by hand. Next remove the 2 connectors. That's it!

Thanks Brother! I thought so but I didn't want to break anything.

thejasontdavis will be eternally grateful.