2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

Why the power connector is overheating?

Hi currently the power connector of the MagSafe 2 charger turns very hot in a few of seconds, if elapses more than two minutes then it burns my fingers. This happens on charging and on full charge too

Thanks for your answers

Is the Magsafe plugged directly on the wall socket or a into a surge protector bar?

Also if you have any less than a 85 what charger it will over heat very easily with this computer

Mine is plugged in surge protector bar and getting very hot after 20-30min.

Most Helpful Answer

Your device is still under warranty. Before you do ANYTHING to repair this machine or it's components, internal or external... Call Apple. They will replace anything that is not operating properly that is no fault of yours, but a fault of the equipment.

I totally agree with Brandon on this one. After you get it back, it you see a hint of a problem, take out the Extended Apple Care for an additional two years of warranty.

I have this problem too. When I got this problem I searched about this and saw many users had this issue. Seems like Apple doesn't care about their faulty charger. I doubt that do they really have a proper engineering team to fix this issue . I felt bad now being a mac user first time by seeing this issue persisting for a very long period of time.

Extending warranty doesn't make sense if you get the same designed charger again, because anyways its going to get the same issue in few days.

Rajkumar,

We have 100's of these chargers in use without any issues do to a poorly designed charger.

What we do see is people wrapping the cords into a knot and then expect the dam thing to work! We glued down the butterflies and put instead a velcro wire wrap and trained out employees to loosely coil the cord.

The other thing we do is make sure the site offices have UPS's so the power is clean and they all have small surge suppressors for the road.

Just to be clear here these same issues are present on every laptop made! From Dell & HP I've seen them fail in the same way - User error!

Call Apple themseleves and let them know, each apple Mac comes with a 3 year limited warranty, if they won't do anything ask to speak to a senior advisor, if they still does not work ask for a one time repair exception and if nothing please take it another place either certifed for Apple repair or not, I suggest certiefed because I am Apple Repair certifed and this sounds like a hardware failure and you can take it to a local Apple Store and tell them, more than likely we will run some tests and either replace or repair the product at no cost at all, if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to contact me.

Guillermo Leon Plata Camacho will be eternally grateful.