Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

How do I know what type of iPhone I have?

i have an a iphone but i dont know what cain is it so can u please help me fine out thanks.

Most Helpful Answer

If the back is mostlly metal, with a black strip of plastic on the bottom, it is a 1st Generation iPhone. If the back is contoured, and solid black or white with a silver apple, and grey text on the back, you have an iPhone 3G. If the back is contoured, solid white or black, and has a silver apple, and silver text, you have an iPhone 3Gs. If the back is completelly flat, and solid black or white, you have an iPhone 4. Could you post a picture of the back of your iPhone?

Um to odd to Chris Green how do I take a picture of the back of my iPhone if my camera is on my iPhone

You'll need to use your laptop. Or maybe even the library's computer

Adding images to an existing answer

Look on the back of your iPhone for the model number (eg A####).

Using that number, check this website: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201296 and find it.

Hope this helps

breeze will be eternally grateful.