iPhone 5s Completely dead - won't charge or turn on

Hello, I've got a customers iPhone 5 bought in for a screen & battery replacement which won't turn on at all. It wouldn't turn on even BEFORE I attempted to repair anything.

She states that it was working with poor battery life before she gave it to me. I trust her.

I did the usual, Hard Reset, Removing & Replacing the battery, trying with a different screen. However the phone doesn't respond to anything, I don't feel any vibrations with the mute switch.

Usually when it comes to this I remove the battery and plug in the phone, this usually flashes the Apple logo, however it won't work this time.

Is removing the battery a valid test? Could replacing the battery still work? ( I don't have stock at the moment, it's coming next week)

Any other ideas?

Popped in an iPhone 5C Battery, the phone powered on no problems however it wouldn't charge, probably the port then since I did clean the debris out.

I have just changed battery in my I phone 5 It work for a bit charges up then just gose off so got new battery and it did the same thing any help any please

my iphone 5 suddenly dead.

connect itunes and restore then workes my iphone 5

it could be the charge port? i am going to try this now

my iPhone 5 won't turn on . but when it did I had to keep it on the charger . if I took it off it will turn off . even restarting my phone won't work . sometimes the apple logo will appear , then disappear . can i get a solution please .

Put iPhone Into DFU Mode

In some situations, your iPhone may not turn on because it won't boot up. This can happen after jailbreaking or when you try to install an iOS update without enough battery life. If you're facing this problem, put your phone into DFU mode this way:

Plug your iPhone into your computer

Hold down the on/off button for 3 seconds, then let it go

Hold down the on/off button and Home button together for about 10 seconds

Release the on/off button, but keep holding the Home button for about 5 seconds

If the screen stays black and nothing appears, you're in DFU Mode. Follow the onscreen instructions in iTunes.

if not complete then just press Hold down the on/off button for 3 seconds, then let it go and charge your iPhone

and its ok

ok so i did this but i mesed it up and did the button inputs incorrectly, but now its charging so yeah..... at least its doing something and not just being a blank pile of crap

This looks to be the solution. Battery would show that it was charging, but would not build a charge large enough to allow the phone to power up. DFU seems to be working. Thx !!

I did this third time and still nothing is working. :(

in itunes it shows waiting for iphone and in last it shows error4005

Try holding down the power button and the home button at the same time on your iPhone until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

Thank you bro. You nailed it! It works on my unit.

oh wow, I thought I was going to have to buy a new phone. Thanks a bunch!!

thanks!!! It started working!

Thank you very much,It works!

Worked, Thanks

If you're doing repair a lot, a "known good housing" is invaluable for troubleshooting. In a no power iPhone, you need to differentiate No Charge from No Boot. Inspect for water damage.

If the phone will boot but won't charge with a known good battery and a known good dock, then consider U2 chip failure on the board.

i have exactly the same problem, i changed battery and phone started fine but iam afraid that if this battery drain completely the phone will not start again. But after battery change phone work fine and charging fine

I tried to Connect my iphone on my PC but still my iphone 5s is not turning on or the apple logo wont showed up but the computer reads my iphone and i tried to restore and update and all i got is an error, how to fix this? please give me any idea how to fix this thank you.

If ur IPhone is creating same problem like Turning off automatically, at anytime & reopens after hours then dude there's no need to be worry about your money and for your close to heart IPhone, lol !! Do follow these below steps

1- Your IPhone should have atleast charged or should plugged in .

2- Push down your Ringer button to Silent mode, i.e just push the button down in silent . (its weird but worth)

3- Press then hold your IPhone's power on/off button and Home button both at same time and for not just 10-14 sec. , hold them both untill Apple logo appears but don't hold for more than 1 minute

4- If doing above 3rd step your Iphone doesn't opens then friend don't worry do 3rd step simultaneously until and unless u see Apple logo .

And u can believe on this trick because friend when I was having IPhone 5s, I captured same problem and the only above solution made my IPhone to work as before, and tell u last thing this problem isn't temporary, ur IPhone will go dead several times but now u don't need to wait for it to reopen automatically

Just do the simple above trick

Hope u get ur solution

thnx so much. Thought my phone was gone

When you plug in the charger without a battery connected, the iPhone starts normally, maybe the problem is in the flex charger lightning.

I finish to repair a IPhone 5 that would not start, I try doing the "hard reset" the final problem was the power button flex and battery. If the power button does not work you do not get to do the hard reset, but you can do it, holding down the home button, and connect the charger "USB connected to the computer" in this way enters restoration ele mode.

If not, the problem is in the charger lightning flex, try a new, and try to power the iPhone, if it does not work, try changing every flex? Perhaps one is giving a short circuit on the motherboard.

If not, then the problem is on the motherboard, you'll have to find some qualms technician for motherboard.

It's simple. The device in most cases is fine. Apple collects (through an algorithm) how often a user buys apple devices. After your time's up the device will gradually self-destruct through intricate pre-loaded bugs or updates to encourage new purchase. And guess what they all buy again anyway and they know it. The new apple products' life expectancy is about a year in most cases. Try turning off the device (or let it run out), remove it from your icloud online. Use a different wifi, icloud, sim card, and computer in a month to reboot. Otherwise free urself and buy a nokia, vertu, huwaei, samsung or any other non-slaving brands.

I used an old iPhone 5, >4 years, not really a programmed obsolescence ! My iPhone 4s is still working, but a little bit slow for certain app. Your comment is just your opinion, not a fact. Not useful on a forum like here.

I am an engineer and all machines and electronic devices have a lifetime. We people have a lifetime and the whole Universum have a lifetime. iPhones have also a lifetime average about 4 Jahrs (some of them a lifetime 1 or 2 Jahrs and some of them 3 or 4 or 5 Jahrs but average 4 Jahrs) that's normal. Of cause smartphones companies can do a better quality of smartphones but if they do that the price of smartphones will increase and the companies will not sell so many smartphones. so what they do is not so bad and not so good quality (something in the middle).

Connect to iTunes and then press home and power button, computer will make a noise that USB has been connected and suddenly Apple logo will appear in iPhone and it will turn on. It worked for me. I hope it helped a lot.

my iPhone 5s wont charge or show apple logo nothing!! the battery has been replaced with a new one so has the screen and so has the charging port still nothing is the phone done? I have tried the home and power button tricks and also it will not pick up in iTunes!! there is no water damage and everything is hooked up properly all and they work in other phones just not this one and why?

step 1: hold power button and home button then apple logo on screen few minute wait done

step 2: plug in charger cable

step 3: insert new battery and check

step 3; connect itunes and restore

Step 4/5: grab the beer

Step 5/6: &&^ right on the puzzee

Try to open your simcard, and then do the hard restart to your iphone. If ur iphone on, turn off again and sigin in ur simcard again. Hopefully thats way can work, cause i just try to my iphone and work. My iphone has blue screen and wont turn on at all, after more than 12 hours. Good luck

i had/have this problem too! I really don't want to reset my phone with DFU and stuff because i don't want iOS 10 either but i still wanted to have iOS 9.3.3. So i tried instead to just hold down the power button for like 20s or more and then the charging icon showed on screen until i released the button. So then i plugged my phone into charging in the wall and held down the power button again for like 20s and now i think it has started charging... idk if my phone did this just because of jailbreak but you can try atleast

worked for me ! Thank you

My iPhone 5s not charge and it is not turn on. How can I fix that

Step 1: you can throw to some people who hate you and make sure right on their head

Step 2: run immediately

I tried all of these methods and none of them seem to be working. iTunes does not even acknowledge my iPhone anymore even though it did earlier.

Same here? It was working one day. Then it died.. the battery charger icon came on but it would go away after about 20 seconds and then give up on trying to charge?

DFU mode isn't working? iTunes doesn't even notice it.. it won't attempt to charge.. it's just ******* dead.. it's a 6SE and it's only about 2 months old? Makes no sense?

i burned through my battery in my first iphone; it may be the battery needs replacing especially if you know you have heavily used the phone. When I took my phone into the apple store they noticed there were several glitches on it, including my phone was retaining double the data yet was only 16g. if battery is trashed only replacing it will work long term

my iphone 5s was drained due to empty battery, the cable is not working, so i just set aside for 2 days. Then i plugged to a new charger for 4hrs but still its dead. i pressed already the home & power button and it never turn on :( i need help po.. Thank you.

i did a hard restart and after the apple logo comes on, the phone goes blank, the light shows but can't see anything on the screen . what do i do

Giovanni Joubert will be eternally grateful.