Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Reprogramming the NAND Flash and device ID on iPhone and iPad

I am wondering if anyone has done it. The Apple projected their sales on iPhone over 24Mil device more than before. All I can see the trend started after iCloud activation lock is introduced. There are hundreds of thousands of bricked iPhones sitting around or may be taken apart as no one care.

I am wondering if it is possible to change the device ID and IMEI to make the system think it is a new device. That will get those phones back to use again.

I feel like we are just screwing each other while those billion dollar corporations and wealthy people were getting richer every day.

I lost two phones and one was stolen from my car but I did not bother to lock it. I just wiped it and let it go as I already knew there is no way I will get those phones back. So let it sit somewhere in the closet or the person stole my phone will sell it to pay for food or shelter or drug or what ever. At least it will still be useful.

Long story short, have anyone done it and if so how it come out? I am just curious before I spend money for the programmers and screw myself with junks.

If there is no factory activation log on the server, Apple simply refuses to activate this product altogether, so just making up a new device ID cannot work.

You can swap chips from another clean but broken device and assume identity of that device to activate, however you have to swap all major chips together since they are encrypted and matched to each other on both local and server end. Breaking these pairings will likely result in refused activation or immediate bricking.

However there has been recorded events of new (not icloud locked) devices been locked by someone else, because iPhone 4 has been hacked enough to reprogram IMEI and other internal IDs. So malicious users can obtain IMEI/serial pairs, use the hacked iPhone 4 to trick icloud to lock other new and not locked devices, then scam money from the victims.

That mean there will be more paper weights and I am still wondering why people don't just wipe the phone if they lost it. If it is locked, I cannot get my phone back and another person cannot use it either. The real winner is Apple as it will sell more devices. I bought a lot of electronics in an auction and there was about 300 iPhones and over 100 were activation locked. So who take the lost and who is the winner?

I lost 3 phones last year alone and I just wipe it and removed iCloud after a week since there is no way for me to get them back. Might as well make it useful for anyone stole it or found it or bought it.

Of course I agree with you @tomchai but he's got a point. The landfill, bro. The landfill! Why so much garbage in our orbit!?! It's there. Humans constantly waste, that's all they ever do. And then complain when it's too dirty you made it, the mess that you're upset about. You made it human. We gotta get some of these phones sorted, and find a way to protect the public

Its possible but not with any methods mentioned so far.

Yes and no. For 5s and older, you have to change the baseband, NAND and the baseband prov. On newer ones you change those plus the CPU and ram. So, yes, it is possible, just extremely hard.

And costly! So why go to the trouble?

@danj if it was a 7 or a 6s, I would do it. For anything older, not worth it.

Not possible! the 6 onward have TouchID. Throw in the towel ;-} Apple did a very good job to prevent phone theft.

@danj Bring it to Apple afterward and say Touch ID won't work

They'll smell the switch-a-rio - No dice

Yes, you can do it, for the 32 bits and 64 bits, the thing is you need a compatible or programmed Nand, baseband and eeprom and they have to be from the same board in that way you have to solder again in the new PCB and in that way it will work. For the WIFI products like iPads and iPods only changing the Nand will work, and YES there's a special tool to reprograming the imei, and yes you can create a new completely imei and still would activate in the activation process.

yes it is possible but I think you have to change the logic board or at least the processor.

Have you done it? If I am going to change the logic board I don't have to reprogram the NAND Flash. The processor is not in the option and it does not store any data.

works if i use 5s nand (no icloud) and put inside air 1 directly?

I just wondered, Is it possible to reprogram the existing Nand Chip to remove the iCloud account. I see you can buy a NAND reprogramming tool in China that they say fixes the 4013, 4014 errors?

I purchased the Naviplus Pro 3000S

Have just formatted the Nand using this device and fixed the Nad for 4014 error.

Have to put it back yet LOL but will update later.

Did you get this to work?

davidshanlay will be eternally grateful.