Are the iFixit batteries good?

Hello, I'm new to the site and I've been searching the net of course for an OEM battery for my iphone 5.

I've ran the Apple Online diags on my phone and it said that I should replace the battery. I believe the battery is the issue as the current old battery drains quickly and even drains down to nothing if I try to record video, etc.

Anyway, I've been searching, checked Amazon for a "OEM Apple Battery", as I won't buy from ebay.

Upon my googling, I came across a site and someone said to get a battery from iFixit,

This is the one that I would need. iPhone 5 Replacement Battery

Has anyone else bought this battery? If you have, is it good? Bad? etc.? I am aware that it's not an OEM battery. Just looking for a reputable company and product.

Thanks for any guidance.

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery Image

From experience, iFixit sell among the best replacement parts you can find out there. And they back them up with a good warranty in case a defective part alips through their quality control. If were you, I would buy from them without hesitation.

Personally I do this for a living, and I can assure you that poor quality batteries are the norm, not the exception. So your safest bet is to get it from a company that stands behind their products. You don't want to go cheap and have to repeat the repair since every time you attempt a repair and open your phone, you risk damaging something.

Just bought 5 iPhone 6 batteries... 1 is not charging at all. The other ones are draining fast (in different iPhones). I'm really getting frustrated from all those batteries. I bought from many different suppliers (from what they say, all top quality) but non are working like they should. At least 12 hours in standby mode instead a few hours...

What happened?

It would be v. helpful if there is a way to check the battery voltage BEFORE INSTALLING . It's a pita when introducing an unknown in the diagnostic process,esp. when getting a black screen.

Well there are those Kasei battery testing fixtures which output battery voltage.

"Kasei battery testing fixtures "? . Would you be more specific ? Or perhaps you're joking as to the impracticability ?

James will be eternally grateful.