The AirPort Time Capsule is a wireless network device featuring network-attached storage (NAS) and a residential gateway router.

2 TB time capsule

The time capsule requires unplugging and re plugging in power cable to get it working again. Is this a power supply problem or likly a board problem?

This might be of some help :

LaPastenague - Gen4 A1409 issues

Worked!!! Thanks!!!

Thanks for that input. I'll start there.

Probably just tripped by a surge, check your power outlets.

Like daveedwards, all I get of my TC is the solid amber light when I power it on. Multiple resets don´t work anymore, no flashing lights but the HDD is spinning. I decided to open and remove the drive. Now I´m waiting the arrival of the caddy I bought to connect the HDD and hope for the best. I´ll Keep you posted

I cant say for sure, but judging by apple products, they have a long history of bad power supply so i would go with that.

Score -1

Care to give us some links to this blanket statement?

My TC has became steadily less and less reliable to the point where all I now get is the solid amber light when I power on. Multiple resets do nothing - no flashing lights or any sign of activity. The HDD appears OK, I can hear it chirping when I power up. Is there any solution or should I just remove the drive and put in a chassis?

Frank Bibbee will be eternally grateful.