Complete disassembly and installation guides for most recent Mac laptops and consumer desktops.

External hard drive internal connectors

I want to put a hard drive that was removed from a dead Mac Book into an external hard drive case so I can recover the data on that drive. I have an external drive case with a drive in it already and I was going to pull the drive out of it and put in the drive from the Mac Book, however the connectors are a complete mismatch. It has an edge connector, while the Mac Book drive has 2 rows of pins. How can I know what External drive case to get that has the correct pins?

Sounds like you have an SATA external case. You need an IDE or an adapter if you don't intend to continue using the drive. This is the adapter I use on almost every drive: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20T...

Thanks for the info. I had found that product not long after posting my question. Then I found out from my brother that he already has one of them. I used it and it works fin.

Delbert will be eternally grateful.