Continual restart after battery change
After changing out the battery on my iPhone 4S using the kit sold here on iFixit, it continually reboots every few minutes. Some other symptoms:
1. It gets HOT
2. Just before it shuts down the screen dims and goes black with a top to bottom curtain effect. It doesn't just go black, it fades out from top to bottom
3. Immediately after the battery change the battery meter icon never went down to register discharge until the phone literally died, then would register the increasing charge upon charging. That didn't last longer than a few days, and then it went to continual rebooting
Here's what I've done, following all the advice I could find here and a few other sites:
1. Opened it back up and verified that the battery is installed correctly, including the ground clip, tinkering with settings like turning Cellular Data on and off, etc - No Effect
2. Hard reset - No effect
3. Factory Reset using the phone - No Effect
4. Factory Reset using iTunes from Recovery Mode - iPhone either freezes during the installation of updated iOS giving a "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred [error 29]." or, since I've tried this more than once, the phone restarts in the middle of it.
I'm pretty sure its something with the battery, or the replacement process...I reinstalled the old battery and it started working fine again, but I'm back to having a phone that holds no charge.
I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any others?
Is this a good question?