Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Upgrade Advice for MacBook Pro A1211 non-unibody Intel Duo 2.5GHz

I want to upgrade with a 2T hard drive and a the highest RAM available. I plan to order from NewEgg because ifixit doesn't quite have the highest numbers available. What kind of RAM should I order? I currently have 2G of DDR3. How many pins?

There is something very strange about this machine. The serial number shows a 2006 but the picture shows a 2010. I cannot find a 2010 C2D running at 2.5 GHz.

The A 1211 is a 2006 machine it uses:

RAM Type: PC2-5300 DDR2 Min. RAM Speed: 667 MHz

Standard RAM: 1 GB Maximum RAM: 4 GB*

Apple officially supports a maximum of 3 GB of RAM but third-parties have been able to upgrade the system to 4 GB of RAM using two 2 GB memory modules with some limitations.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...

Please give us a history of this machine.

Depending on the age of the system you may have a SATA I drive interface (1.5 Gb/s) which may prevent you from installing a newer 2 TB drive (as well as others) if you can't adjust its SATA I/O speed to match your systems.

This machine is very strange. I bought it used and I believe it's from European decent given the Euro and GBP symbols on the number keys. I was digging around all day trying to figure this enigma out. I may just take this thing in to an Apple store to find out about this machine.

There were a couple of 2.5 GHz C2D machine that came out in 2008. Your logic board may have been replaced: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...

blw8080 will be eternally grateful.