Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

what is best battery maintenance?

what is the best battery maintenance practice for the battery life of my MBPro 15"?

Definitely check out the blog, as Ben suggests!

A quick and dirty answer for you, however:

If you use the machine as a portable computer on a regular basis, you probably don't need to do much else.

If you use the machine as a desktop replacement which never leaves the charger, then you will want to force it to run on battery (until it gives first low battery warning) at least once every 3 months, to exercise the battery.

Hello!

We actually just recently wrote full coverage on this very topic on our iFixit blog! Check it out. I believe you will find all the information you need there (better than I could explain here, at least)!

I know this doesn't help, or really answer the question, but my attitude towards batteries and computers in general is that they exist for our purposes and for our convenience, so to take up our own time in order to make a battery happy and meet its needs is fairly self-defeating. Besides, it's very difficult if not impossible to ever know whether or not how you've cared for or not cared for a battery led to it living an extra 90 days, or dying 90 days earlier. I say, just forget about the battery! :-) Anyway, just my two cents.

In the 80s/90s when we had inferior NIMH and other battery types which had a "memory" and absolutely needed to be fully charged/discharged, behavior toward a battery was much more relevant. But now that we have lithium ions which are far less temperamental, again, it's near impossible to tell if your behavior is affecting battery life, yet opinions on how to treat batteries still persist.

Pretty much the thing to do is calibrating it.

I own a MacBook Pro and the battery life just wasn't good enough for me. I got only a few hours per charge and that is if I was lucky. My eventual solution was to get an external laptop battery from Novuscell Batteries. So far, no regrets because I'm now getting an extra 12+ hours of battery runtime per charge on my MBP.

Rick will be eternally grateful.