Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

How do I deal with a punctured battery?

I was taking apart my old iPhone 4S this morning, and I accidentally punctured the battery a few times upon removing it. It got pretty hot, so I decided to cover it in electrical tape for good measure. However, it's still pretty hot. How do I resolve this issue, and am I in any danger?

Bill Smith , the chemicals inside your battery are reacting with the humidity. I would wrap the battery in aluminium foil and place it outside, preferably in a metal container. You are only in danger if you leave it anywhere where things can catch on fire. Check on here about what to do if it does.

I just went outside, where I had placed the battery, and followed your instructions. I noticed that the battery had already cooled down, but I still wrapped it in aluminum foil and placed it in a metal container. Am I in the clear, or are there any more precautions that I should take?

You are in the clear. Just go back and check later on to see what is going on with it.

Remove it and toss it into the recycling bin. You are in danger as it can burn down your house.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PRY THE BATTERY UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

I said that a million times, nobody listens.

my battery started smoking i think it caught fire aswell do you think the phone is any good

btw it was a 6s im so upset

I just was taking apart a kindle I haven't used in at least 4 months and punctured the battery it smoked for a seccond or two then it stoped it's been a few minutes now and it hasn't become hot or anything do I need to do anything.

Exact same here but only with my iPhone 6, the puncture wound has leaked some liquid but now it's dried off and blocked any more leakage, am I in the safe to charge it up or will it just explode?

Bill Smith will be eternally grateful.