The HP Chromebook 14 is a variant of the Google Chromebook line released September 11, 2013. Model number is 14-Q010DX.

Why is my Chromebook getting hot and making noise?

From one day to the next, it began to make a lot of noise and started getting really hot after a little while of using it. What should I do?

Most Helpful Answer

More than likely your issue is the fan. Over time fans can become dysfunctional due to dust buildup. You should follow the fan guide listed on this site at HP Chromebook 14-Q010DX Fan Replacement to remove the fan and clean it. If this doesn't fix your problem you should consider replacing your fan with a new one.

Chromebooks do not have fans.

Mine sure does. It makes a loud whirring sound. It used to not turn on that frequently as the power usage and heat of a Linux operating system is pretty low. However, it is now loud and constant. I'm considering opening it up and cleaning up the fan/accumulated dust hoping that will cool the unit and allow the fan to again be off most of the time.

why dose my chrome book keep getting really hot? It does not make noise but it is bran new!

Wilfredo Ramos will be eternally grateful.