The HP Chromebook 14 is a variant of the Google Chromebook line released September 11, 2013. Model number is 14-Q010DX.

Why does my sound not work?

So today I went to turn on my chromebook, but the sound was not working. Any suggestions?

the same thing happend 2 me my chromebook hp 14 audio was not working when i turned it on!!! whyyyyyyy

Click on Start Button

Go to My Computer and right click on it

Go to manage and then select device manager

Here you can see "Sound and multimedia" something click on it.

Now click on update driver and select online update it will download driver and you will listen your sound.

I just opened my chromebook, and the sound wasn´t working.WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?

My sound went out over night on my new HP Chromebook. No speaker or headphone out-put.

It didn't work for me sorry but mine is an acer.

Try to shut down and go to settings press volume and mute it then shut down once more and turn it up it worked for me so good luck Bradon Nolen

Genius! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you so much!!! I thought I had broken the sound, but no! I'm so happy!!

thank you so much you helped so much i thought i was going to die thank you once again

this doesn't work on my chromebook and I am not happy :(

can you tell me why it did not work in chromebook please tell me....i need you help

if it is a windows 10 hp laptop than i think you should follow the steps that i told you just remove the old sound driver and restart the computer and update the driver check the playback device for more support contact hp http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/supp... and make sure you have your windows updated and also check the driver that has been recent update . uninstall some critical updates can also help you . thanks

It's a Chromebook. It uses Chrome OS, not windows.

i own a Lenovo laptop with same kind of issue . follow this may be it will fix it for you as it did for my windows computer

update the sound driver and restart the computer

check the sound settings and playback device

uninstall and reinstall the sound driver .

if nothing works follow this post as it helped me .

FIX -laptop-sound-not-working/

and see if this take care of this issue . thanks

The same thing happened to me where my top row keys wouldn't function, including the volume and brightness keys. I tried the shut down process, and it didn't work. When I checked settings and went to keyboard, I realized I had pressed "Treat top-row keys as function keys." After I unchecked it, all the keys worked again.

omg thank you this was the only one out of like 15 that worked

If you are using a laptop computer with no external speakers connected, make sure the volume is turned up by using controls on the keyboard. They may buttons (as shown in the image to the right), or a secondary function of another key; generally indicated with blue text and activated by holding the Fn key at the same time.

No sound could be several things:

First: Check that the earphone/external plug is fully plugged in. Then go to the lower right hand corner, to the volume control and click on the arrow > and make sure that your device (headphones etc) is selected. If it just says input | output, make sure your Chromebook is charged. My audio buttons quit working and the volume bar stays to the left when my battery gets too low. Charge it up and then do a browser reset and a hard reset. (to do the browser reset, click the three bars in the upper right hand corner, go to settings>advanced settings >browser reset (at the bottom). Then hold the refresh button (looks like a circle with an arrow, usually the F3) and the power. This generally does the trick for me.

Thank you. Holding down the refresh button and the power button did the trick for me. Thank you for your help. None of the other ones worked for me!

Click on your settings. Next to the adjustable volume you might see a pair of earbuds. Click on the earbuds and go to the output section. Finally click speaker> i hope this helped ;)

it didn't work

I am on a Chromebook it does not have a pair of headphones

I have installed Windows 8.1 pro 64bit on HP chromebox. I tried installing realtek audio driver but it doesn't recognize the device audio. Audio was working fine when I was using it as a chromebox. Any help?

Hello. I am a 13 year old kid who recently received a new Chromebook. The audio buttons stopped working. My advice to you is shut down the computer, turn it on, change volume to mute, shut down AGAIN, turn on, then finally, you will be able to enjoy your Chromebook at its full potential.

it didn't work

hi mine isn't working and it is a acer its the schools and i really need help on how to fix it.... i plug my headphones in and it just plays music out loud i really need this fix

When I asked if I could use the chrome book,the sounds were not there and I was going to watch youtube as well.

Brandon Nolen will be eternally grateful.