The HP Chromebook 14 is a variant of the Google Chromebook line released September 11, 2013. Model number is 14-Q010DX.

Why does my sound not work?

So today I went to turn on my chromebook, but the sound was not working. Any suggestions?

Thx soo much the site fixed my sound! Love this site!!

Try to shut down and go to settings press volume and mute it then shut down once more and turn it up it worked for me so good luck Bradon Nolen

Genius! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you so much!!! I thought I had broken the sound, but no! I'm so happy!!

thank you so much you helped so much i thought i was going to die thank you once again

this doesn't work on my chromebook and I am not happy :(

I did it and I cant believe it worked i was so surprised thank you so much.

if it is a windows 10 hp laptop than i think you should follow the steps that i told you just remove the old sound driver and restart the computer and update the driver check the playback device for more support contact hp http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/supp... and make sure you have your windows updated and also check the driver that has been recent update . uninstall some critical updates can also help you . thanks

It's a Chromebook. It uses Chrome OS, not windows.

i own a Lenovo laptop with same kind of issue . follow this may be it will fix it for you as it did for my windows computer

update the sound driver and restart the computer

check the sound settings and playback device

uninstall and reinstall the sound driver .

if nothing works follow this post as it helped me .

FIX -laptop-sound-not-working/

and see if this take care of this issue . thanks

The same thing happened to me where my top row keys wouldn't function, including the volume and brightness keys. I tried the shut down process, and it didn't work. When I checked settings and went to keyboard, I realized I had pressed "Treat top-row keys as function keys." After I unchecked it, all the keys worked again.

omg thank you this was the only one out of like 15 that worked

If you are using a laptop computer with no external speakers connected, make sure the volume is turned up by using controls on the keyboard. They may buttons (as shown in the image to the right), or a secondary function of another key; generally indicated with blue text and activated by holding the Fn key at the same time.

No sound could be several things:

First: Check that the earphone/external plug is fully plugged in. Then go to the lower right hand corner, to the volume control and click on the arrow > and make sure that your device (headphones etc) is selected. If it just says input | output, make sure your Chromebook is charged. My audio buttons quit working and the volume bar stays to the left when my battery gets too low. Charge it up and then do a browser reset and a hard reset. (to do the browser reset, click the three bars in the upper right hand corner, go to settings>advanced settings >browser reset (at the bottom). Then hold the refresh button (looks like a circle with an arrow, usually the F3) and the power. This generally does the trick for me.

Thank you. Holding down the refresh button and the power button did the trick for me. Thank you for your help. None of the other ones worked for me!

Click on your settings. Next to the adjustable volume you might see a pair of earbuds. Click on the earbuds and go to the output section. Finally click speaker> i hope this helped ;)

it didn't work

I am on a Chromebook it does not have a pair of headphones

Click on Start Button

Go to My Computer and right click on it

Go to manage and then select device manager

Here you can see "Sound and multimedia" something click on it.

Now click on update driver and select online update it will download driver and you will listen your sound.

Go to the bottom right of your screen and click the section where it has your profile picture. You will see a variety of options, but on the second on up there is a sound bar. Click on the right arrow next to it, and choose " Speaker (Internal) " And "Microphone (Internal) "

I had this same problem but am pretty sure I fixed it by pushing the M key which un mutes it

I have a Chromebook and i was logged in to my account and my sound was not working so I logged in as guest and it worked probably because I installed a chrome app that did that.

my chrome book sound was not working when I was in my account but I signed into guest and the sound worked probably because I installed a chrome app that did that.

I plugged in my earbuds, played my music for 5 or more seconds, paused, unplugged the earbuds and pressed play, it worked.

Brandon Nolen will be eternally grateful.