The HP Chromebook 14 is a variant of the Google Chromebook line released September 11, 2013. Model number is 14-Q010DX.

Why does my sound not work?

So today I went to turn on my chromebook, but the sound was not working. Any suggestions?

the same thing happend 2 me my chromebook hp 14 audio was not working when i turned it on!!! whyyyyyyy

Click on Start Button

Go to My Computer and right click on it

Go to manage and then select device manager

Here you can see "Sound and multimedia" something click on it.

Now click on update driver and select online update it will download driver and you will listen your sound.

I just opened my chromebook, and the sound wasn´t working.WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?

My sound went out over night on my new HP Chromebook. No speaker or headphone out-put.

It didn't work for me sorry but mine is an acer.

Try to shut down and go to settings press volume and mute it then shut down once more and turn it up it worked for me so good luck Bradon Nolen

Genius! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you so much!!! I thought I had broken the sound, but no! I'm so happy!!

thank you so much you helped so much i thought i was going to die thank you once again

this doesn't work on my chromebook and I am not happy :(

can you tell me why it did not work in chromebook please tell me....i need you help

if it is a windows 10 hp laptop than i think you should follow the steps that i told you just remove the old sound driver and restart the computer and update the driver check the playback device for more support contact hp http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/supp... and make sure you have your windows updated and also check the driver that has been recent update . uninstall some critical updates can also help you . thanks

It's a Chromebook. It uses Chrome OS, not windows.

i own a Lenovo laptop with same kind of issue . follow this may be it will fix it for you as it did for my windows computer

update the sound driver and restart the computer

check the sound settings and playback device

uninstall and reinstall the sound driver .

if nothing works follow this post as it helped me .

FIX -laptop-sound-not-working/

and see if this take care of this issue . thanks

First make sure the laptop is not muted or the volume isn't too low to hear. If that isn't the problem, then make sure the computer is producing sound by either checking the audio levels in the computer or connecting any working headphones to the laptop and checking if sound comes out. If sound does come out the headphones then the internal speakers of the laptop are not working and you will have to replace them. For more information on this issue click here to go to the troubleshooting page.

hp laptop sound is not working than you can solve this issue just reset the sound driver of your hp laptop . if this does not work than go and try to reset all sound settings and check to see if it works

the question is about a chromebook, so the answer is not correct

If you are using a laptop computer with no external speakers connected, make sure the volume is turned up by using controls on the keyboard. They may buttons (as shown in the image to the right), or a secondary function of another key; generally indicated with blue text and activated by holding the Fn key at the same time.

No sound could be several things:

First: Check that the earphone/external plug is fully plugged in. Then go to the lower right hand corner, to the volume control and click on the arrow > and make sure that your device (headphones etc) is selected. If it just says input | output, make sure your Chromebook is charged. My audio buttons quit working and the volume bar stays to the left when my battery gets too low. Charge it up and then do a browser reset and a hard reset. (to do the browser reset, click the three bars in the upper right hand corner, go to settings>advanced settings >browser reset (at the bottom). Then hold the refresh button (looks like a circle with an arrow, usually the F3) and the power. This generally does the trick for me.

Thank you. Holding down the refresh button and the power button did the trick for me. Thank you for your help. None of the other ones worked for me!

Click on your settings. Next to the adjustable volume you might see a pair of earbuds. Click on the earbuds and go to the output section. Finally click speaker> i hope this helped ;)

it didn't work

I am on a Chromebook it does not have a pair of headphones

i am also having issues with my chromebook 14 volume. Any help. Here is a little info: Just stopped working. I tried to powerwash and reset, no luck. Attached earbuds, nothing. Tried to go to output input, i can see both of them but it wont let me choose either. I will turn the volume up, hear nothing, and then i will go back to the volume and it is turned all the way down

HP 14 chromebook: while playing a video, it froze completely. After reboot etc: no sound on speakers or earbuds. Whenever I open Settings (utmost right down), the audio slider will be to zero. With the mouse I can set it louder, but to no effect. And when I revisit Settings immediately, slider will be zero again.

Tried reboot, closing extensions, power-wash etc - to no avail. Much like Erika.

It definitely seems to be software. I wouldn't know how to reach the chrome OS-equivalent to drivers...

I can hear sound from my Chromebook with no external speakers or headphones. But the second I plug in either, the sound stops working. Does anyone know why?

I can't hear any sound from my HP laptop, even though I click on the speaker icon on the toolbar but it reads: no audio output device is installed.

Can anyone help me solve this problem,please.

Thanks,

George Dansim

Brandon Nolen will be eternally grateful.