Brother MFC-240C

The Brother MFC-240C is an all-in-one color inkjet printer.

Why is my printer printing photos all with a yellow cast?

I have been developing near perfect photos with my printer for quite a while now, however in recent times all photos has a yellow cast, whites look pale yellow, dark blues are now light blue with a yellow cast. when viewed on the monitor of the computer the picture are great but when printed yellow cast all over. I have been refilling my ink cartridge with bulk ink for quite some time now and have been using the same cartridge for the duration.Please help me solve this yellow cast problem.

Most Helpful Answer

Do a printhead test, they would print each color seperate of the software settings you have in your computer. If even that pattern has a strange yellow cast, then your problem maybe down to hardware. Some ink may have been mixed into other colors.

If that printhead test pattern turns out fine, then it would be down to your software settings. Follow mister790's advise in that case.

Do you see the same yellow cast when printing a web page? Just trying to isolate the problem. If it only occurs when printing photos, it could relate to the settings in your photo editor. If it shows up when printing anything and everything, it seems more likely that it has to do with global settings related to your printer -- or maybe a hardware or ink cartridge issue.

I could be wrong, but the one thing that makes me think it's not the ink cartridges is that you say the white areas of the photo have a yellow cast. If this were a question of certain colors running out in your cartridges, I'd imagine white would remain unaffected...

One other thing that occurs to me is that you might check to see if the right kind of paper has been selected in your printer settings. I've noticed color shifts depending on whether I've selected matte or glossy paper, for example (although never color shifts as extreme as you're describing).

why does mybrother printer print the face of a photo yellow

kcyes will be eternally grateful.