The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a cellular smartphone that was released in October 2014. The Galaxy Note 4 Model Number is SM-N910, SM-N910A, SM-N910T, SM-N910V, or SM-N910R4 for American variants.

How do I check for water damage?

A week ago I accidentally dropped my phone in my kitchen sink. My phone was soaked and I immediately dried it off and put it in a bag of rice. I've left it for the past week and it seems dry now. I tried to turn on the phone, but it still doesn't power on. Is there any way to know if the phone is permanently damaged from the water?

Most Helpful Answer

Please, stop putting water damaged phones in rice. IT DOES NOTHING except make a rice paste that fills the charge port that must be cleaned up in addition to repairing the damage. The damage that inevitably got worse while it was in the bag of rice

Mate try to get as much of the water out before putting it in the rice, it worked for me

I agree with Adrian

I totally agree with Bobby's opinion. If you want to repair or save your soaked phone, the only sure way is to dissemble the phone, dry every part and then blow it with a hair dryer. I dived into the swimming pool with my phone in emergency. Afterwards I saved it in this way.

Hello world! Rice is certainly NOT the answer, however, a sandwich baggie with SILICA GEL packs will work like a charm. Silica gel packs can be found in medicine bottles, shoe boxes, electronics, etc. They are specifically made to keep moisture from being a problem. It works very quickly and does not created the rice paste or dust problem in charging ports, etc.

The Galaxy Note 4 has a built in water damage mark. To get to the mark, follow the directions in the troubleshooting guide here.

I have to vote you up, because of the question asked. I believe this person asked the wrong question. Perhaps I am wrong, I think they want to know how to deal with the KNOWN liquid damage on their device. In which case they would be looking for this guide: Electronics Water Damage

No ##&&% ass hoe you stupid ass muthafucka

##&&% ass nigga hoe

I like to make a nice veggie fried rice, usually with extra garlic and soy sauce. Toss my phone right in the wok, and voila. Bon appetit.

Jarrett Corr will be eternally grateful.