Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Does the iPhone factory reset after screen replacement

First I didn't think the iPhone would factory reset, but I saw a video where et looked like it did. Can anyone tell me, does the iPhone factory reset after screen replacement or any other sort of repair?

My iPhone dropped, but I have a screen protector so I thought it would be fine, but the cracks went underneath the protector and my actual phone screen cracked. So are iPhone protectors even worth getting?

Most Helpful Answer

No. The iPhone memory contents will still be there after the screen repair. Even in iPhones that the battery is completely disconnected, the iPhone keeps all its data content intact.

No

If they are resetting it it means they are going inside the phone

but if its screen repair nothing happens they are not opening inside

All I've heard is that they do but based off of the other answers it makes a lot of sense that it wouldn't reset.

there are black lines and my touchscreen does not work, i think it the screen as well as under the screen which will need to be replaced... does that mean apple will erase the data on my phone during the process of it being repaired??????

Apple does not fix the phone they replace it which means you lose your data. Your phone gets sent to some apple repair depot and you are given a refurbished phone as a replacement.

Do they check your storage when ficing cracked screen?

i replace my iphone 5s screen and i forget him on, when i replace the screen i cant turn in on his stuck in apple logo and when i restore, itunes seed to me error 9 after error 1014

please help me

Rimti will be eternally grateful.