Is patching cracked interior of messenger bag a good idea?

I've had my Timbuk2 mini messenger bag for about 5 years and I've noticed the inside is getting cracked at the fold of the main flap. I'd like to find out if there is a recommended method of patching it to reinforce the integrity of the bag so that it will last longer. I was thinking of using duct tape to do so, but I'm hesitant to do it without reaching out to you to see if there is a better way to do it to insure that your product lasts longer as I really love this little bag. Please let me know. Thank you!

I have the exact same same problem. Did anyone ever get back to you on this?

Me too! I ended up buying another bag but I would love to save my old one. The exterior and function of the bag is still great.

Most Helpful Answer

I'd take it to a fabric store, find an old lady that looks like she has been sewing all her life and get some real professional advice. They probably has exactly what you need.

You can absolutely patch the TPU liner to keep the water resistant. Additionally, Timbuk2 offers paid repairs to replace the TPU liner.

Isn't the TPU liner include in the lifetime warranty?

Hey Guys,

Timbuk2 has a repair program where the interior TPU on the flap can be replaced for a flat fee of $25 including the return shipping back to you.

Not exactly DIY, but it will get your bag up and running again,

http://www.timbuk2.com/%2425-repair/9901...

Hope that helps,

@timbuk2

sstephanjx will be eternally grateful.