How to fix my iPhone 5s screen glitches?

Hello, recently I just dropped my iPhone 5s on the ground and the screen has developed these glitches. The touch screen and the touch id works just fine. There are no dead spots. Around two months ago I shattered the screen and I took it to a phone store that fixed it for me. So the screen isn't original, therefore they could have possibly not reassembled it correctly. Just wondering if anybody knows what could possible be the problem? So that if i purchase the tools to open up the phone myself that I could know what to look for and fix. Thank you!

My Ilhone 5C looks like this except a bit worse and more colourful with the glitch looking lines on the screen. I can't tap anywhere on the screen, it just won't work. I dropped my phone not too long already and it was randomly glitching out weirdly like; the screen would do stuff when I wasn't touching it, screen blackout. And now my phone has just completely stopped all together, I can still press the home and on/off button and I am still receiving notifications. But I'm just wondering if I am able to get the tools and fix it myself? Or if I have to send it in? Or if I have to get a new phone all together!? Plz if u have a solution or any ideas then let me know!

Same issue. What you have there is a bad LCD. Fixing it yourself would definitely be the cheapest way around it. All the guides and tools you need are here at iFixit, so I would recommend going that route if you are confident enough to do so.

Here is a link to a guide and parts/tools needed to do the repair:

iPhone 5c Front Panel Replacement

I have the same issue yet, my phone is completely shattered, front camera will not work, and it's glitched. So, i haven't used it in a while and me and my family are broke to help repair or even buy me a new one. My mom wants to ask some places where they'll help repair or not, but my mom doesn't want to spend so much. Is their any tools i can use to repair or something?

I have the same issue !! My phone has fallen on the floor and cracked but just a little cracked, after a while it started to have these glitch lines on it so I was wondering what I can do about it?

I need help my phone will power off automatically and lines will appear on the screens and it glitches what can I do

Most Helpful Answer

That is simply a bad LCD. It is usually caused by damaging the LCD flex. You are probably going to have to get a new LCD.

Take it back to the store you had it repaired at, if they have a warranty this should cover it.

Thank you! So when I took my iPhone 5s to them to have them replace the cracked screen, did they also replace the LCD in the process?

hurumbae is that you

I second grimloe this is a busted lcd

Thank you for the help!

did this work? i have the same problem but it's gotten to the point where my phone doesn't work at all

I have the same problem my friend used my phone and broke my home button and now my screen is glitching and won't even work

Ugh mine is doing the same this very moment...

like how can u fixs this iphone 5s and half have a glitch in it and its disconnneted now and i know tha password and i may move to north carolina and i want too see how much it cost down there

How much would it cost to replace it with no warranty?

my screen is shattered and there are purple and black streaks on half my screen and it is very hard to see half of my screen. I'm going to a local repair store today and would like to know if replacing the screen also means replacing the LCD as well.

While it is possible to replace only the glass, 99% of people replace the whole front end including the LCD.

So yes it should also include the LCD.

i dropped my iPhone 5s and now it's glitching and i cant even get my password in- if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it i would be very grateful.Thank you- Bella

Replace u3 -5,7v sage Vnegatif

if i keep banging the phone will it work yes or no?

Graham will be eternally grateful.