iPhone 5/5s Charging Ports Interchangeable?

I am trying to replace the charging port assembly on an iPhone 5, and I currently only have a charging port for a 5s in stock. Will I be able to use the part for the 5s, or will I have to order a new part specifically made for the 5?

I'm not sure if they would be interchangeable, but I wouldn't recommend it because even though they look the same internally they are very different. For example, if you look at the iPhone 4 vs. iPhone 4S inside they look different. I would recommend that you email iFix it directly and ask them. Here is their email: support@ifixit.com.

No, the parts are very different. All contact pads, connectors and components are different for the 2 parts.

Apparently according to iFixit, they are interchangeable. But you have to change home button as well. The 5s has a flex and a chip for fingerprint reading whereas the 5 has two brass connectors that are contact connectors.

So when you are doing this job remember that there is data exchange in the flex. It is not just a charging point.

smartfix will be eternally grateful.