iPhone 5/5s Charging Ports Interchangeable?

I am trying to replace the charging port assembly on an iPhone 5, and I currently only have a charging port for a 5s in stock. Will I be able to use the part for the 5s, or will I have to order a new part specifically made for the 5?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

No, the parts are very different. All contact pads, connectors and components are different for the 2 parts.

Apparently according to iFixit, they are interchangeable. But you have to change home button as well. The 5s has a flex and a chip for fingerprint reading whereas the 5 has two brass connectors that are contact connectors.

So when you are doing this job remember that there is data exchange in the flex. It is not just a charging point.

smartfix will be eternally grateful.