Water spilled on keyboard and now rows of random keys arent working

A few days ago i accidentally spilled water on my on my keyboard. It did not appear to be alot of water at the time but now it seems like it has been soaked as about an hour or two later keys stopped responding.and i noticed water dripping off my keyboard when i lifted it. i tried to dry it off but it has not improved after about a day and 3 quarters. it appeared to have shorted out certain keys and some around it as columns of keys. it it possible it will fix its self by drying out? or if you think its possible that it can be fixed at all (by an apple genius or me )

Thanks : )

I have the same problem except buttons on my keyboard randomly activate without anything

After I spilled water on it , blow dried it. And I come back like 4 hrs later and some of the letters don't work, and every two minutes airplane mode turns on and off. its driving me insane I cant do any work

I spilled a whole bottle on m computer and the whole key board is not working I told my parents its just a bad computer and to get a new one if I do not find a solution soon I will be in ver big trouble

All my keys on my key board dont work but I cant find a video on how to fix it whithout taking apart the computer

yeah guys i have a lot of those problems too. Im waiting to see if it will fix if it dries out but for now im using the touchscreen keyboard on my laptop. Lots of computers dont have tc so probably the best thing to do is unfortunatly us a usb keyboard. It would be a lot of work to switch out your key board! Good luck on this case tho hopefully u find a way around it or a solution.

A new one from Apple is $49. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB110L...

A tech is going to charge probably $60 to look at it. Here's my teardown of the wireless keyboard and as you can see, there's very little in it that could possibly be repaired: Apple Wireless Keyboard (A1255) Teardown

After you get your new keyboard, spend $1.99 and get a cover: http://www.amazon.com/Topcase-silicone-k...

I had the same problem with a USB keyboard, even if there had been very little liquid poured on it. All the keys stopped working, but I decided to try something, as the keyboard seemed dead anyway. It has now spent about a week on a radiator (a thermometer shows between 20 and 25°C (68-77 F°)) , and today some of the keys are responding again. It does a little "clk-clk" sound at the beginning, as if the keys had been glued or something, but they work. I read somewhere that the problem occurred because liquid was trapped between to layers that make contact under the keys, so it could take a while before the whole stuff was completely dry again. But it seems like warming up gently the damaged keyboard can help.

PS: I hope you will excuse my $@$*!& English; I'm French and don't write very often in English. ;)

I have been waiting about 18 months. All keys work but z-? and the spacebar - yay.

I've currently leaned it against the wall vertically. Back in 18 months.

I was just cleaning it with a soft damp cloth. Never drop any water. But now the keys QWER are not working. Sad.

your best bet is going to be if you can get it apart and clean it, its possible its permanently damaged but its also possible theres corrosion bridging contacts witch could be cleaned if it comes apart

If you spill any liquid onto the Apple Aluminum Wired Keyboard, you have a ZERO chance of taking it apart successfully, due to the fact that if by some miracle you were able to use a hair drier to heat the bottom white plastic and pry it off of the aggressive adhesive from the spacebar to function-key side without bending the metal sheet fasted to the plastic bottom or the opposing metal sheet and aluminum keyboard frame, you will find that the upper metal frame holding all the keys is spot-welded to the aluminum frame with 147 individual spot welds.

The only way to possibly resurrect this keyboard is to soak it with vigorous agitation immersed in 2-3 changes of STEAM DISTILLED water (not reverse osmosis or filtered water that still contains salts). Drain off the water, carefully swing the keyboard around outside to centrifuge out as much of the distilled water as possible, and then set it on something warm with the keys side up for a day or two to completely dry it out. This way you rinse out all conductive salts, and dry out all moisture, which could cause oxidation and conductive corrosion. Even better if you have a friend who works in a lab, put it in a vacuum drying oven at very low heat overnight or in a freeze drier overnight. Good Luck.

So I accidentally spilled a tiny bit of water and keys wouldnt type I was wondering what to do to fix it

I just went brain dead this morning and put a cup of water next to pc laptop! Of course I knocked it and splashed water on keyboard. I grabbed the pc and turned it over. Then I flipped it back and wiped keys.

The whole time, the pc's still connected to electrical outlet and on. I kept connected to Skype and discussion group, even typed something. Crazy! Anyway, twenty minutes later, maybe ten, I finally shut it down, turned it on edge and set it in front of hair dryer. Yes, hair dryer. Finally, I get to instructions that say that's the worst thing to do and I put pc in front of dehumidifier and walk away.

Don't know how to remove battery but did detach adapter. I would not have kept working on drying pc if not for your stories, so thanks for posting. It is not my pc, so I hope it is not damaged.

In not sure if this will help but there are two thing you can do about this

first try shutting it off the computer then, try to take out the battery and wipe any visible liquid, make sure to flip it over and check if an water falls and try to soak it up, though if you are like me and you computer has had water in it for some days now you can try to take th keboard apart. If you go on google and seach "how to fix computer with water damage" it should show some videos on how to take it apart. This will only work if you have SOME keys that dont work not the Whole thing.

But for me I have the whole keyboard thats busted so Im screwed........The only thing I can do now is pray

Hope this helped!

jack coleman will be eternally grateful.