Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

How to erase iPhone after factory reset failed

The screen keeps flashing when I choose to erase all content and settings on my iPhone. Not a single piece of information was deleted when I forced to reboot the device manually. I even called the Apple Support Team but got no positive feedback on this topic. Is there any alternative to replace the default method for deleting my personal data permanently?

Well, If you want to completely eliminate all traces of data on your iPhone, iOS Data Wiper could be a good choice, it provides four erasing options to ensure all deleted data were overwritten and erased without the possibility of recovery by any practical software or hardware methods. In this post, we'll show you how to permanently erase everything from iPhone before selling.

Read the details from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zf1NIxk...

Factory reset and erase options don't work on jailbroken iPhones, so this is the reason why the default method is not working. I met the same problem with my old iPod Touch, however. finally fixed the problem by following this step by step tutorial:

http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/delet...

It writes a set of random digits to the local disk to make sure data is not recoverable. Works on both normal and jailbroken iDevices.

Thanks for the tips. It works perfectly this time.

Most Helpful Answer

have you tried to reset through itunes after putting it into recovery mode?

If Micheal's method does not work. Use iTunes and iPhone in DFU mode.

Have no ideal on how to use iTunes in this purpose, anyway, thanks for the kindly input.

When you wipe your phone/pad of all content & settings, I think you also have to delete the device record from your Apple ID / iCloud account via the "Find my iPhone" app. Otherwise the new owner will be asked to enter YOUR Apple ID password. This is a theft deterrent designed to ensure stolen devices aren't usable / sellable by thieves.

How to erase iPhone

DancingWolf will be eternally grateful.