The second generation of the iPad with Wi-Fi, GSM and CDMA models. Some models were refreshed before the iPad 3. Repair is difficult and requires heat and prying.

Display screen colors distorted

My little sister dropped my iPad 2 on the floor. The colors on the screen are a bit out of their normal color. The screen looks a bit also like an old version of a t.v. with scratching lines. The keyboard is green. Once you unlock the iPad the screen looks like the colors of a 3-D screen. Help please! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXfSdG-CwYU

It worked! Who would think 10 whacks on the back would fix it but it did! Thank you..........

The screen is green. Tapping did not work.

OMG it worked. Thanks

I left my iPad in the car and it overheated then chasing my screen to be distorted in color. I let it cool off for a while in hopes that's what it was. Whacking it really helped. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

my fathers ipad is doing the same thing like the version of and old tv. Help!

Before you go replacing the LCD try giving the back of the iPad a solid smack with your hand. There are many cases where the iPad has been dropped knocking the LCD cable slightly loose. Hitting it may knock it back in place. Do a search on this site and you'll see many examples of this.

Found out from other forums that way to fix it is to turn it over and give it ~10 slaps on the back! Believe me it works ( got it off other forums )

Can confirm the smack on the rear case does work

Lol that worked I can't believe it!

I was extremely skeptical of this, specially because mine seemed to be much more skewed than what others seemed to be reporting. I tried it and it improved drastically but still wasn't back to normal so a few more pops and presto, it was like magic! Who ever said violence solves nothing!

Well this definitely works. Dropped mine just now and was in despair - until I decided to give it some good smacks....and fixed.

A hard smack on the back--left side will set it right---for now. Ultimately you'll need to open that sucker up and properly re-seat the LCD cable.

thank you it worked

this is not working for me. Do I need to get the cable properly reseated?

Make sure it's on the left side, middle to top. Worked great for me.

Omg it actually worked!!! Don't think this is a hoax--dropped iPad last night and colors were totally off. Three good whacks to the back left and totally back to normal! Wow!

OMG indeed! I dropped it in its case and the colors were totally off, scrambled, it wasn't usable. Ten whacks to the upper middle left and presto! Woohoo! Saved me an expensive repair bill. GREAT advice!!!

Took me about 15 hits to finally get it right. Had to lay on table with soft padding to get just right. Kept going black to Technicolor but with persistence good as new.

Im freaking out i need help i cant do it and if my mom,dad and brother find out im dead ahhhhhhhh :(

oh my freaking goshhh.... The smacking actually worked

shaking it worked for me, like a etch a sketch ...

I have the same problem. But All was born after a display replacement. I have try to find a solution, but nothing. If someone can help me is fantastic!

I explane my situation. After a display replacement I have a blu image on screen. After a check of all components, cable etc..... I have found the problem. I have accidentally removed 1 fuse near LCD connector.

There is a way to replace it, or do a jumper with a solder?

http://s1.postimg.org/xxksmh3fj/ipad_2_g...

you are a genius. my son punched my screen and the colors went funny. i had to give it 10-15 whacks with the case off and now it is perfect!

OMG! It worked!!! Just saved $150 for LCD replacement! THANK YOU!

AMAZING!!! The colors on my ipad were totally skewed. I placed the device on my lap, played it like drum (firm but moderated slaps), and VOILA! Problem completely solved!

Worked for me too! Wow! Thank you!

Read some of the comments about slapping the iPad and was a wee bit sceptical, but OMG it works. 13 sharp slaps and the fuzziness was gone. Thanks so much!!

I tried several times, logged off turned it over and whacked it more than 15 times just like everyone said, and still messed up. Can't even look up email, many colors and lines. Didn't drop it, didn't get it wet, it just started acting like this. Did take it outside under trees for short time. Any other suggestions? Help please

MY son now thinks I am magic and can fix anything

My display looked like a 60's psychedelic throwback. The sharp raps on the back did the trick. Thanks. Saved me the cost of repair or having to buy a new iPad.

Glyzza will be eternally grateful.