The second generation of the iPad with Wi-Fi, GSM and CDMA models. Some models were refreshed before the iPad 3. Repair is difficult and requires heat and prying.

Display screen colors distorted

My little sister dropped my iPad 2 on the floor. The colors on the screen are a bit out of their normal color. The screen looks a bit also like an old version of a t.v. with scratching lines. The keyboard is green. Once you unlock the iPad the screen looks like the colors of a 3-D screen. Help please! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXfSdG-CwYU

It worked! Who would think 10 whacks on the back would fix it but it did! Thank you..........

The screen is green. Tapping did not work.

OMG it worked. Thanks

I left my iPad in the car and it overheated then chasing my screen to be distorted in color. I let it cool off for a while in hopes that's what it was. Whacking it really helped. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

my fathers ipad is doing the same thing like the version of and old tv. Help!

Before you go replacing the LCD try giving the back of the iPad a solid smack with your hand. There are many cases where the iPad has been dropped knocking the LCD cable slightly loose. Hitting it may knock it back in place. Do a search on this site and you'll see many examples of this.

Found out from other forums that way to fix it is to turn it over and give it ~10 slaps on the back! Believe me it works ( got it off other forums )

Can confirm the smack on the rear case does work

Lol that worked I can't believe it!

I was extremely skeptical of this, specially because mine seemed to be much more skewed than what others seemed to be reporting. I tried it and it improved drastically but still wasn't back to normal so a few more pops and presto, it was like magic! Who ever said violence solves nothing!

Well this definitely works. Dropped mine just now and was in despair - until I decided to give it some good smacks....and fixed.

A hard smack on the back--left side will set it right---for now. Ultimately you'll need to open that sucker up and properly re-seat the LCD cable.

thank you it worked

this is not working for me. Do I need to get the cable properly reseated?

Make sure it's on the left side, middle to top. Worked great for me.

Omg it actually worked!!! Don't think this is a hoax--dropped iPad last night and colors were totally off. Three good whacks to the back left and totally back to normal! Wow!

OMG indeed! I dropped it in its case and the colors were totally off, scrambled, it wasn't usable. Ten whacks to the upper middle left and presto! Woohoo! Saved me an expensive repair bill. GREAT advice!!!

Took me about 15 hits to finally get it right. Had to lay on table with soft padding to get just right. Kept going black to Technicolor but with persistence good as new.

AMAZING!!! The colors on my ipad were totally skewed. I placed the device on my lap, played it like drum (firm but moderated slaps), and VOILA! Problem completely solved!

OMG! It worked!!! Just saved $150 for LCD replacement! THANK YOU!

Worked for me too! Wow! Thank you!

Read some of the comments about slapping the iPad and was a wee bit sceptical, but OMG it works. 13 sharp slaps and the fuzziness was gone. Thanks so much!!

MY son now thinks I am magic and can fix anything

Im freaking out i need help i cant do it and if my mom,dad and brother find out im dead ahhhhhhhh :(

oh my freaking goshhh.... The smacking actually worked

shaking it worked for me, like a etch a sketch ...

I have the same problem. But All was born after a display replacement. I have try to find a solution, but nothing. If someone can help me is fantastic!

I explane my situation. After a display replacement I have a blu image on screen. After a check of all components, cable etc..... I have found the problem. I have accidentally removed 1 fuse near LCD connector.

There is a way to replace it, or do a jumper with a solder?

http://s1.postimg.org/xxksmh3fj/ipad_2_g...

you are a genius. my son punched my screen and the colors went funny. i had to give it 10-15 whacks with the case off and now it is perfect!

I tried several times, logged off turned it over and whacked it more than 15 times just like everyone said, and still messed up. Can't even look up email, many colors and lines. Didn't drop it, didn't get it wet, it just started acting like this. Did take it outside under trees for short time. Any other suggestions? Help please

My display looked like a 60's psychedelic throwback. The sharp raps on the back did the trick. Thanks. Saved me the cost of repair or having to buy a new iPad.

how is it that mine still doesnt work im crying

I know how you feel..... mine is such a bright green it's horrible.... Wacked the dickens out of it and just have a sore hand.... Any other way to try.

Wow - Worked for me like a dream -- only 2 light slaps on the back... my daughter who did the

slapping is an osteopath (maybe she has a professional 2 slap touch :-)) )

Thank you very much for the tip..

Bob K - Eupen - Belgium

My iPad was knocked off a couch and the color was messed up my boyfriend came across this site and I didn't believe it would work so I finally said oh well it's worth a try before I go spending money to replace it or to pay someone to fix it and I turned it off and smacked it a few times turned it back on and it was like magic the color was perfect and I got on YouTube and played a video and it works perfectly, so if you have the same issue give it a try its definitely worth a try

my ipad still ok until i recharged it and when i turn it on, it has a transparent white lines all over. i didn't drop it.

This just worked for me! The first attempt did not work because the iPad wasn't turned on. Once I was able to turn it on (this was another problem that started with the crazy colored screen) and gave it a few whacks, the screen returned to normal but shut down. I turned it on again and the crazy colors had returned. I gave it a few more whacks and the screen was back to normal but it shut down again. I repeated the steps and now it has been fine for the past 20 minutes. I'm more worried now about why it kept powering down and was difficult to get it powered back up.

Another happy customer here. That worked as promised.

I just realized this post is from 2014! Three years later and it's still helping people. Got to love the interwebs. What did we do before Google?

Glyzza will be eternally grateful.