The third generation of the Samsung Galaxy tablet with a 7-in. screen announced on June 24, 2013. Repair of this device requires screwdrivers and prying tools. The device is available in white or gold brown with 8, 16, or 32 GB of storage, and includes a microSD slot that can hold up to an additional 64 GB of memory.

Why is my tablet overheating?

My tablet has been overheating lately, and it is too hot to touch. I tried resetting the device to allow the tablet to cool, but once I turned it back on it still continued to heat up. Why is my tablet overheating?

My galaxy tab is only three months old and it heats up

My Samsung galaxy 8.0 is over heating I tried to rest it but it didn't work . I dont now what to do now

You've posted a question in the place where only Answers belong. You'll get a quicker reply when you use the comment button to the Answer/poster with whom you are seeking dialog. Or, by creating your own new question.

why is my 3 samsung tablet is hot everytime my kids used it can you help me please thank you

Lol XD if you use tablet 24×7 it get heat/hot...

Hey Aaron,

This is a common problem with this device and we already have solutions for you here on our troubleshooting page.

First, resetting the device is the advised step. Since you have already done that and it didn't work, I recommend replacing your battery. The device may be overheating because of a faulty battery. Once you supply your device with a new battery, your problem should be solved!

I have done all those and even bought a brand new battery but it still overheats. I am very frustrated with it. I have sent it to Samsung 3 times while under warranty and each time they said it was fixed. The last time I contacted them about the same problem, they informed me that , Yes it did need to be fixed but my warranty had run out and it would have to go to a repair shop. I don't think they ever fixed it or did anything with it. How convenient that they admitted there was a problem once my warranty ran out. I doubt I will ever buy anything from Samsung again.

Hi I have just got my tab 3 yesterday for christmas brand new and it over heats after about 10 mins of use and when you lock the screen it cools down. Help me and the end of the charger gets hot

What if its only a day old? I just got mines yesterday and it already heats up. What should I do?

It's likely that it is overheating as it is over-processing. You need to kill apps off to ensure that it isn't running more than it can handle. Also, change the brightness to a lower setting.

In terms of usage, try to charge the device fully and use without the power cable in. When it is charging, the battery can get hot an it can get hot if it is discharging quickly too. So if you are charging while using it heavily, it may cause the unit to over-heat rapidly.

There should be power saving settings you can select in the Settings Menu too. These are designed to extend battery life by reducing the amount of power the unit requires - this will also reduce the amount of heat being generated.

My Samsung Galaxy 10.1 overheats

To prevent overheating do this set your tab to power save then in ypu power save settings set your screen for low power then set your screen to lowest. Run 1 app at a time dont leave apss open by holding down the homw button you can see what apps are open close all except the 1 you are using. Your tab should run faster and it wont shut down or overheat

Buddy as soon as I did this it was cooling down

Thanks alot man

I was going to sell it

Thanks for the solution. I was afraid I might have to take it apart or something. Also, do you know if limiting the amount of background processes in the Developer Options menu helps with this, and do you know if keeping USB Debugging enabled causes the processor to heat up? Thanks. :)

I have a question.... why should end users take special steps with the tablets? We paid for a functional device and we are not getting it. These devices are not suppose to overheat to the stage where the end user should sacrifice his experience. I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1, and I struggle with overheating. I suggest samsung recall and replace every single device seeing that it is defective

I agree with Johan. It is not what I thought I was buying. Overheating is making me very unhappy with my purchase.

I just bought my tablet in january and i only use it for video chatting to my kids while im deployed overseas

Not much of a computer guy but my tablet only overheats when playing a game

This is due to the unit requiring more power than if it was running only facebook. Games are heavy on display and on processing power, which makes the battery drain quicker and generate more heat.

You can help to reduce the temperature, and battery usage, but running the tablet with a dimmer screen.

My friend had a Samsung tablet and it caught on fire!

this frightens me when it overheats !!!

I do not use games at all,so why does it get so hot ???

Would like to know if this problem is being looked into by manufacters ? Or do i refer it to Trading Standards as a safety issue ???

My TAB 4 is also overheating. I tried closing the apps, but literary after every 15 minutes or less it shows overheating message. This samsung is a big crap. Did anyone manage to fix this issue permanently?

Girl I been getting that issue the same 2 days and its annoying as a mo fo.

I need help do I really need a new battery even though I got it brandnew for xmas last night. When you lock the screen it cools down but whilst using gets hot in about 10mins

One comment says to put it in power save mode from the settings menu. It has actually significantly reduced how hot it gets on my Tab 3. Thank Ulises Medrano for this solution :)

my tablet is heating up and it wont even turn on, what should I do

Just purchased a new android Samsung tablet 3A in July 2016 and it heats up faster than my old one that I had for 3 years. Very disappointed

Tablet is almost a year old...just started overheating but only when charging. If I reset does that mean I lose everything I have saved to it?

Hey Is there a reason why my stupid Samsung galaxy Tab 4. has been telling me its over heating? this is annoying as !&&*. #ugh iM About to call samsungs 800 #

So a Tab 4 tells you it's overheating?

I don't see the answer that I previously posted but I'll add it again. This overheating thing is so frustrating. It began a while back, so I removed the protective cover I had on it and that seemed to fix it until a few weeks back when I loaded an APP called Word Cookies. Tablet would overheat every time I played that. I have others games and word games that I play without any problem.

So, take note of what is happening when it overheats....what APP are you using? Maybe it is an APP or a process that's causing it. My tablet stopped overheating when I removed that APP.

For me it overheats when I have only 1 app on which makes no sense & yes I've tried everything

So all of these problems with Samsung Tablets overheating what is the manufacturer going to do about it,

Even buying new batteries doesn't help.

I think that Samsung would admit there is a problem with overheating and replace all of the Tablets.

Please have Samsung look into this problem.

Ann Turner

anniemturner4477@gmail.com

This problem solved on 3alamsoft

My Tab S 10.5 just had a battery replacement & when i got it back the screen flashing leading to the black screen of coma began. Today i put in the fridge for 10 mins, which gave me enuf time to move some files to the removable SD before taking to another repair shop to see if they could do anything to offset THIS OBVIOUS DESIGN FLAW....!! Besides ignore it, which is pretty easy & inexpensive, and like GM did with the ignition switches for years until fined.

I agree with Annie T - we aren't on the Sam design team to be devising workarounds for a faulty device which was prob thought to be a techno-marvel of engineering with it's sleek slim size that traps heat. A device that overheats running one or a couple of apps should not be considered saleable. But the Samsung master plan seems to be planned predictable obsolescence/failure aimed at a customer? like me, who sadly has 3 Sam tabs, a 6 yr old Tab 10.1 I'm using right now to type this msg, still with original OS, ice cream sandwich, but which struggles on today's web, a Galaxy Note that was fine u til it met the Jellybean update, which turned into a disaster of out of memory msgs, an unrecognizable gallery app which mangled my thousands of pics & led to it's idly sitting collecting dust until the final failure of my forgetting the sign in security pattern locked it -for our security of course - turned it into a $400 brick. My Sony desktop running Win XP I got at Circuit City which went OOB in '08 - still does what i need as i keep it off the web.

So it's up to us to call ourselves customers or victims. Can you hear us Samsung????

My husband and I have Samsung tablets. I have a Samsung phone. I will never buy a Samsung product again.

This Problem is solved here :)

OTFeed

3alamsoft

I also have the overheating problem with my Galaxy Tab Pro! I am addicted to Magic Jigsaw Puzzles which overheats my battery pretty quickly!! I actually use cold packs to keep it cooled down. I have to change them quite often which is annoying but not as bad as having to quit my puzzle!!! They are actually just Nexcare Reuseable Cold Packs. I set them under my tablet where the battery is located (the area that gets hot). I do have to change them quite often (because I'm playing for hours) but I don't freeze or keep them in the fridge, just on a marble slab as I don't want condensation on my tablet. I will be looking for some other device that might work better when I can stop doing the puzzles long enough!!!

Aaron Lee will be eternally grateful.