CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

What is the best tool to use for the standoff screws?

the bloody standoff screws in the iphone 4 are so hard to find a good fitting tool for! What is the best tool that someone has found to handle the standoff screws???

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

I take a small Phillips and grind it down flat and that allows me to have connections at all 4 slots. I find the flathead slips out a lot and harder to put back in with flathead.

Excellent solution. This really works.

You can find all the repair tools on ifixit. You can see the iPhone 4 tear down and can see the tools.

Very small slotted (flat) head screwdriver.

1.5mm flat head has been my preferred choice

Since you asked this question, iFixit added a special standoff bit to their tools catalogue.

iPhone Standoff Screwdriver Bit (Item code: IF145-343-1)

I use a 'STANLEY 63-310 U.S.A.' pocket slotted screwdriver for this task. It is good, though not perfect: its blade is just slightly wider than screw head, so it will collide into nearby components. I need to slide it slightly after every half turn, so it overhangs clear/free area, instead of overhanging populated area and bumping into parts.

Stephen Jennings will be eternally grateful.