My iPhone keeps rebooting/shutting down by itself?

I have had this iPhone 5 since just months after it was released in 2012. Dropped it a few times, but nothing major happened except for the lock button busted. Recently, my iPhone just keeps on shutting off all by itself. I could be on whatsapp or instagram or something and the screen will just shut down. Or sometimes lines will appear slowly and then it'll shut down. Other times, the same thing will happen but it'll reboot. But I've noticed that if I'm charging the phone, it doesn't really crash as much. Still does though. And I mean not just crashing like once a day. I mean I use it less than 2 minutes and it'll crash. And if it's not charging, it tends to die even more easily than when I'm not using it. It almost certainly will die every single time when I lock the phone. What's the matter? ): Help!

same problem and battery percentage stays on 100% doesn't change.

and when i look at diagnostics on the device i got a ton of panic msgs and reset counters and stuff.

Help me plz that happen to me how can I fix it

Hi, my mobile batarry was low and it's discharge itself but now it's not charging please suggest what should i do

my iPhone 5 keeps restarting and i had noticed it was the battery and i took it for replacement but after few days the issue came back again it keeps restating and crashing the ios every time it crash i have to restore again . and i dont know the problem plz help plz

Try changing your battery. You can buy it with tools from this link

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-...

First thing to try is a battery replacement. This usually sorts it. Just remember to heat up the back just before you pry out the battery. Also, pry on the side with the volume keys, not the logicboard side.

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery Image

thanks con!! it worked! my screen was flickering and i really doubt the battery could cause that. but i guess it did (:

That's great if this helped could u please accept answer thank you :)

Hi dirk replace your old battery see if it stops the crashing if so you have bought a defective battery

i have this to and i have changed the battary and its still going on help

so did I and I was told the battery I replaced it with was defective. Seems thats common. I have ordered another. I am waiting on delivery. This will be the last penny I spend on this phone

i had the sam problem bro...i changed my battery and everything was fine.get your iphone battery replaced...

I have done that and it still is not working properly

One day yes and the next no

@grauking6 time to get a new phone then

I can't reset my iPhone cuz home button is broke can.u guys help me

Same situation with my iPhone 5. Installed a new battery 4 months ago and it has been fine until now. I read a post on the apple forums that suggested toggling the silent switch a few times. I have absolutely no idea why this sort of sorcery worked, but it totally fixed the problem.

Update. After nearly a full day of uninterrupted iPhone use, the rebooting happened again. And again. I pulled out the battery and put in the original battery and the spontaneous rebooting has ceased. However now my lower volume button isn't responding.

When is the iPhone 6 supposed to come out?

Question: Phone restarts automatically and sometimes long time to get home screen.

Solution: Move the silent button(left side above volume button) up and down couple of times (at least 5-15 times), then automatically you get the home screen.

Thanks for the solution guys.

amazing , cannot believe this works !

thanks guys for sharing

I have IPhone 5s and sometimes it turn off and on for it self even when am not using it can I please get the solution for that?

I have had a similar issue with my iphone 5. I had previously replaced my rear housing. I must have damaged the battery upon removal, it was very well stuck. The symptoms were randomly shutting down perhaps due to the battery playing up. It would read a certain percentage for half an hour and than drop by 25% and than die.

I decided that the battery must have been damaged, I replaced it with a new one from ebay and everything worked well. I even had 30% battery at the end of the day. Goes to show the capacity drops a lot over a year.

Here is where I get to a similar issue as is brought up in this post. I put my phone in my pocket facing down and when I pull it out.. It's dead. Turn it on and everything's fine. Hang it upside down its flat..

I shook my phone a little and noticed that something, most likely the battery was moving around in there! I would guess that in the down facing position it touches against something it shouldn't or tha perhaps the movement causes that battery to stop feeding power to the mainboard. My solution has been to use double sides tape to hold the battery still.

I hope this is helpful, if that doesn't work try a new battery. Seems they cause a lot of issues in the i5.

Good luck

I can feel my battery moving inside my iphone 5s when i shake the phone, is it the same thing that was happen to your iphone? and after turning the iphone backside a bit the iphone will shutdown

That because who ever replaced the battery did not tape it back down so now ur phone might be &&^&@@ do the battery moveing or it may be shorting out take it back an make them fix there &&^&

Hello to everybody and sorry for my poor english, y had the same problem whit my iphone 4, it kkeeps rebooting every 2 minutes, but i fixed, y read a lot here and in other sites and try every thing, change the battery, restoration in dfu mode etc.

The solution of the problem was the battery connector, it has 6 solder points , 4 in te rear and 2 in front,the 2 solder of the front was unatached, so to fixit i had to re solder all the conector to the board, and thats it, problem solve, and my phone never reboot or crash again

Is there a tutorial online on how to solder these? I have a 5c

I took my phone to the apple store when my phone kept turning off and lines were appearing and they replaced it, if it is in the warranty they will check to see if there is no preventable damage caused by the owner of the phone like water damage if there is no indication of this they replace it straight away in the store.

The exact same thing has been happening to my iPhone 5. I will be on any app or just unlocking my phone and it will just turn off and on sometimes 10 times in a row and lines will appear in black and white or red and green. I took my case of and the phone seemed hotter then it should have been and so I took my plastic case of and left it for 5 minutes and it seemed to have cooled down and it has not shut down for a week after taking the case off and not putting it back on. I don't know if it was overheating or if it has something to do with the battery.

Follow these seven tips to fix iPhone restarting problem http://www.unlockboot.com/2015/08/how-to...

U2 ci chip is busted replace the chip stop using 3rd party charges

Hi Hamza here!!!!!!

i have same problem from last 2 to 3 days But Know its Resolved.

Simply go to your setting and turn off mobile data (Callure).

85% people says its work!!!!

Regard Hamza

Simply change the battery and your problem will be no more

Well, that’s not the point anyway. We’re trying to fix an issue here so here are the ways, in which you can try to fix your iPhone that keeps shutting off, restarting or freezing.

Turn ON/OFF Cellular: As strange and absolutely impossible as it sounds, I’ve seen people get this issue sorted out by turning off their cellular data and then turning it on again. Arguably, this doesn’t work everywhere. But since this is the most simplest thing you can try, you should begin here. Don’t believe me? To do so go to settings → Cellular/Mobile → Turn On/Off Mobile Data.

Reboot iPhone: To reboot your iPhone, hold the power button and home button simultaneously for a few seconds. The Apple logo will appear on the screen and your iPhone is rebooted.

Reset iPhone: To reset your iPhone, go to Settings → General → Reset → Reset All Settings.

Faulty App: No matter how strong and protected the App Store is said to be, there are apps that aren’t really good for the health of your iPhone. One of these, possibly, could be ruining your iPhone experience. Did you download any new app that triggered the issue? It doesn’t matter if it’s a popular app or an app that no one has ever heard of. Just try deleting it.

Delete the app → Reboot your iPhone → Sync with iTunes and see if this sorts the issue.

Restore From An Old Backup: No luck yet? Try this method (it’s tougher if you’ve got an iPhone that keeps restarting too often). Connect your iPhone to iTunes on the system and then restore from an old backup. In case you got lucky, things will be back to normal.

Recovery Mode + Restore: This could be the best possible solution you could ask for. Again, it’s tougher to implement if your iPhone keeps shutting off or rebooting every two-three minutes.

Hope it can help you https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203899

Score -1

Same thing had happened to me. There is a hard reboot button inside which is where the battery is connected to chip.

Open the battery and loosen the pressure. Don't pressure the iPhone in middle while fitting the case.

Score -1

@partyison "hard reboot button inside which is where the battery is connected to chip." I'd like you to show us this button.

johar will be eternally grateful.