HP Photosmart 2575 is an all-in-one inkjet printer.

How do you fix a carriage jam?

How do you fix a carriage jam in the photosmart printer?

check the software and drivers and you just need clean the ink cartridge carriage for more visit hp https://goo.gl/BmLsn1

Note that there is a difference between a paper jam and a carriage jam, although one can cause the other. Auyeung1962's answer worked for clearing a carriage jam message on my HP PhotoSmart c4385 that persisted after the paper path was clear, the print carriage was moving freely, power was confirmed, and a hard reset had been performed.

Specifically, the carriage Auyeung1962 refers to is an inkjet wiper tray that sits under the cartridges on the right side of the printer. The tray should slide easily back and forth, at right angles to the print carriage, with just a little hesitation when the wipers go under a scraper bar that sits behind the carriage.

My c4385 was out of warranty and had printed almost 9000 pages when enough ink had accumulated to gum up the wiper tray rails. I cleaned mine with cotton balls, a hemostat, and cheap vodka. I don't think it took me so long, but I didn't go nuts, just cleared where the moving parts slide. I was careful not to get alcohol anywhere where ink doesn't normally splash.

When you've got the tray moving smoothly, make sure you remove any stray cotton fluff, especially from the rubber wipers. Then close up the printer and print a test page (On the c4385 press the Cancel and Green buttons).

HP states to NOT pull the paper out.

Here's a link to HP's solution to a carriage jam on this model: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...

I do this all the time, I've heard some BS about it ruing print heads, but I doubt, I've never had that problem. I've followed their advice, but pulling it out always works well.

Here is what I discovered...

You need to clean the ink cartridge carriage tracks. the carriage is under the ink cartridges. it slides forward/backward but excess ink was sprayed into the guide tracks and gummed up the tracks.

I used rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs to clean out the tracks. it took over 30 minutes to get it clean enough. there are several track sections.

good luck

You have to open it up and take a look, pull down the drawer thing that is above the paper slot, then look and see what's blocking it, you should be able to pull/yank it out if it's just paper.

The carriage of a printer is the assembly that holds the ink cartridges and slides back and forth to transfer ink onto printer paper. Paper jams can sometimes lead to carriage jams, especially after printing on thicker paper like an envelope. When the carriage stalls, you may hear a grinding noise as the printer attempts to move the carriage. The problem is that the actuator arm is stuck, which prevents the carriage from moving.

To clear a paper jam from the rear door, complete the following steps.

Press in the tab on the left side of the rear door to release the door. ...

Gently pull the paper out of the rollers. ...

Reattach the rear door. ...

To continue the current print job, press the Start Copy Color button ( ) to select OK.

i will say follow these steps that might help - just remove the power cord and turn of the power . try to remove . i think its a paper jam because Paper jams can sometimes lead to carriage jams and after cleaning the carriage and paper just connect everything back again and check the printer software and drivers . for any other help visit hp http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and i hope this works let me know for any other help

Press in the tab on the left half of the back way to discharge the entryway. ...

Tenderly haul the paper out of the rollers. ...

Reattach the back entryway. ...

To proceed with the present print work, press the Start Copy Color catch ( ) to choose OK.

If you want to get proper detailed information about hp printer then you should call on 1-888-924-2961 toll free number for hp printer supporthttps://www.wefix365.us/support-for-hp-p... service.

Nancy Columbia will be eternally grateful.