The iOpener is an insulated, heat-retaining bag that can be heated in a microwave and used to transfer heat to the adhesive along the edge of an iPad or similar device.

How to heat it without Microwave

How do i heat the iopener without a microwave ? Oven heating ? Boxed in water bath ?

Most Helpful Answer

Tho oven works. I heated the iOpener for 20-30 min. initially at 160°C / 320°F. While using it to open a ipad I reheated it several times for 5 min. Completed the job successfully.

Don't use the water bath. The oven might work, but it will take longer, most likely, and probably won't work as well. My recommendation is that you should either get a microwave, do the repair at a friends house with a microwave, or use a heat gun.

A simpler way to heat is to heat in a microwave, the iOpener melts adhesive. Follow our guide and open an iPad in about 30 minutes. In some steps, you will be using a microwave to heat the iOpener, an insulated bag that will transfer heat to the adhesive strips around the iPad's screen....

Under any circumstances DO NOT USE AN OVEN FOR HEATING IOPENER! Heated mine for 15 min at 170 degrees and the thing melted down. I was stupid enough not to check the oven the whole time. The plastic broke and that hot liquid was all over my oven.

It may be possible but for future reference 20 min and 170 celcius is way too long.

jan will be eternally grateful.