Released alongside the AirPort Extreme base station, this hard drive equipped variant offers 802.11ac speed on a time capsule NAS.

Buy the Sata mini cable

Lost the SATA cable's super-thin profile allows the hard drive to be plugged in, as well as allowing it to be clamped securely into the enclosure via the rubber cover (and metal clamp).

Where do I find that cable?

I fixit doesn't have it for sale?

Please help me!!

Yours truly

Armando Areias

For my part, I am looking for the SATA cable's super-thin for my AirPort Time Capsule because by changing the hard drive I damaged the pin of the connector on the cable.

Where can I find a new cable?

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

Google has not been able to give me concrete answers.

Best regards,

@aareias & @lemur1en - Here's the part you're looking for: Hard Drive Flex Cable

Google is your best bet…

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

So far no luck with google or Ebay. I have to go to Apple Support...

Most Helpful Answer

@floceen - Here's the best place to get replacement parts for the A1470 Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme units: BeetsTech- A1470 Time Capsule

@danj do you know what ever happened to @originalmachead? I never met him...

@pccheese - Sorry no, people drift in & out.

Are you actually trying to modify an AirPort Extreme to hold a hard drive? It sounds like it. You lost the sata ribbon and rubber plate and metal plate for a 2013 Time Capsule? Sounds a little strange. How do you lose all that?

Can't help you with those parts I'm sorry but if you are looking to get them to try the Extreme mod then think twice as the logic board does not even have a point to plug the sata ribbon/cable into.

Just thought I would mention that. Apologies if I am misreading your post.

@opinio: Post is pretty clear, your answer does not contain any information pertaining the ways of finding solution. Kindly refrain from unnecessary inaccurate comments (main board SATA connector is J0900, pinout is known)

Thanks. I didn't find a place to buy the SATA connector, but thanks anyway.

Do you think this would work? from the Mac Mini http://www.amazon.co.uk/Festplatten-Flex...

"Do you think this would work? from the Mac Mini"

No definitely not. The TC and mini connectors to the logic boards are completely different. Both are proprietary. The TC connector is long and rectangular, while the mini is far shorter and almost square. Plus the mini sata ribbon is L shaped and larger and the TC is almost straight and short.

no, it's for different connector, the one in TC is different.

PS To close the topic, mainboards only appear the same in TC. On the opposite side its missing number of microchips.

It is not possible to attach HDD via sata connection without replacing mainboard.

While I have broken the sata connector of my Airport Time Capsule in changing the HDD, is it possible to buy a new mother board and to whom ?

Thanks for your answer?

Maybe you could buy one a "broken" one off eBay? Maybe you can get a cheap a time capsule that doesn't do wi-if anymore or that has a bad HD. Since you only need it for parts.

Armando Areias will be eternally grateful.