MacBook Pro

Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

How to restore Windows on a new HD drive?

I managed to put a new 320 GB drive in my MacBook Pro. Next I partitioned the drive for MAC OS 10.4 and Windows with Disk Utility. Selected Volume Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Mac OS 10.4 and MS-DOS File System for Windows. Next I restored Mac OS 10.4 with Carbon Copy from the old 100 GB drive.

BUT how to restore Windows?@#$%^&*

Carbon Copy doesn't do that.....??

Disk Utility doesn't seem to do it either

Winclone works with 10.5 and not with 10.4

What resources do you have to get Windows?

by Spikey2

Are you using specialized software? maybe an upgrade to snow leopard would make sense. (the bootcamp beta license for tiger expired dec.31.2007)

by markus weiher

Most Helpful Answer

Winclone http://twocanoes.com/winclone/ could do the trick.

Excellent + Ralph

by rj713

if you have a system running windows (run off old harddisk maybe) you could create a bootable disk (CD/dvd/thumbdrive) with enough system files to format and sys the windows partition. If you create recovery disk(s) you then repover from there.

Barbara will be eternally grateful.