Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Can not power on after replacing power button

my iphone 4s was having problem with the power button, i have to press very hard to get it to work. i got a replacement power button flex cable and replace it. but after the replacement, the power button completely stop working. I swap back the old cable/button, its not working either. What could be causing this? thanks

• it does power on after i plug in the cable to the computer.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

There are a couple of issues. A couple times I have looked at this issue it ended up being that one or both of the screws on the power button retaining bracket were not installed. Does the button make clear clicks when depressed? It shouldn't be hard.

Check your cables for folds, tears or rips. Check the port the cable plugs into for dust, debris, or broken solder points. Is this phone still recognized by iTunes?

ChiangFeng Li will be eternally grateful.