Why do my windshield wipers park in the middle of my windshield?

After installing a new wiper motor,

my wipers park in the middle of the

windshield. Is there an easy fix, or

does everything have to come back out?

simply remove the blades and replace at the start position at the bottom of the screen.

make sure the motor has stopped prior to the upward movement of the blades

+ agreed

Thanks guys....got 'em working with your help. Solution was

to reinstall and turn wipers to proper position ..BEFORE..

tightening.

Apparently you have an alignment problem with the blades. I am including a article about this that may help you. Ralph.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_pr...

research +

You said you just replaced the motor... sounds like you have it a few cogs off on the gear on the motor shaft. You may be able to loosen the motor enough to move the wipers to the proper parked position (without turning the motor shaft) and then put the motor back in place. Then you should be back in sync.

Hi Snobound - How do I loosen the motor to move wipers to the proper parked position (without turning the motor shaft?). My Pontiac wipers are parked in an upward position - tried installing the wipers once the motor stopped but that does not help since they move down rather than up when the motor starts.

General Motors also has problems with the pulse board module. I have witnessed several cases where an owner thought the wiper motor was bad, and replaced it, but the pbm had also went kaput at the same time. Most FLAPS (Friendly Local Auto Parts Stores) will stock them in new as well as remanufactured versions.

I would still make sure you didn't skip a couple of teeth when you put the new motor in, since this won't cost you any more $, just some of your time.

-T

My driver side windshield wiper quit working while using. The problem turned out to be the linkage under the cowl. I replaced the linkage, now i have a problem with the wipers stopping in the middle of the windshield. During full sweep they work great... but they park in the middle. Any suggestions? And yes i tried to adjust the wiper arms.

Holy Cow! What a bunch of horrible answers.

The reason for the wiper blades stopping in the middle is that the stop switch, inside the motor assembly, is not parking the wipers in the required position. It is the new motor that is faulty.

TahoeTone will be eternally grateful.