PS3 will not display graphics after a 1ft fall.
I have a release PS3 that was clumsily dropped about a foot off the ground. There was no external damage, though when I plug it into a TV it will not work. Here is a list of things I have done:
- I have held the power button to reset the graphics card to use the AV video cables.
- I have inspected all ports and used known good TV’s and Cables.
- I have reflowed the console.
- Completely disassembled and reassembled the console to ensure strong connections.
- Inspected the motherboard for damage (none).
- Replaced with more efficient thermal paste.
The PS3 responds to everything and seems to run a smooth startup. The TV will slightly flicker upon powering on/off the system and there will be no sound. Warranty is obviously gone and I am now dumbfounded as to what more to do. Any advice?
Is this a good question?